Does the Mariota era feel different?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Whenever I watch Mariota I'm always worried he's going to get injured (Locker woes)

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Whoa whoa why? Let's not start that talk! That's a bad omen man.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm excited but nervous. Not nervous because I don't think Mariota is the man but because something always goes wrong for this franchise. If Mariota stays healthy and we can build a team around him then we're in for a treat.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

FOOTBAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Could be a million reasons, but I can't help but to feel calm. Excited yes, but calm about the team. It's weird and can't splain it.

As much as I liked locker and Mett, they always made me nervous. Cbj just sucked and we all new what to expect.

With MM I expect good things. Not perfection, just better than we have had in a decade.

6. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

I don't have that nagging feeling in the back of my mind either, like the one I've had for over four seasons. Hell, i had the same feeling sometimes when mcnair and george were still here.

Those random games where nothing would go right.

Maybe i should sit in the bathroom again and see if that helps, like in the Budweiser commercials.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I still consider the VY thing to be a HUGE fluke and not even worth discussing. Nearly NOBODY knew and couldn't care less about VY all the way up until the Rose Bowl...the entire season had been spent fapping over Matt Leinart but suddenly everyone wanted VY based on one play. That really annoyed the hell out of me. Then Bud forces him onto the team because of a petty spitefest with Houston.
    I am cautiously optimistic about this season because it looks like Marcus is the real deal; still, we had a coaching staff with seven SB rings between them last year and it looked like pop warner from beginning to end. You have to be REALLY bad to be forced to throw a rookie out there on the first game of the season and even declare that you're doing so at draft time.
    But we'll see. IMUA NA KIKANI!! (Go Titans!)

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Feels different.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Yes indeed. Quite different.

10. MMFAN

MMFAN Special Teams Standout

It's not just what he can do on the field. It's his work ethic and dedication that will help him continue to grow (hard to think he still has room to grow). No off the field issues or distractions. IMO you have a franchise quarterback.

I'm still so shocked that all the pre draft 'experts', saw him as a project and Winston as 'NFL ready'. Mariota consistently stood in the pocket, made multiple reads and threw the ball with zip at Oregon. I'm a chiefs fan first, but now a Titans fan as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar