Does the Mariota era feel different?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I said it before the draft, I'll say it again. Always go with character if the prospects are at or about the same in everything else.

#31 SuperMariota, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. MMFAN

MMFAN Special Teams Standout

Agree, but it seemed the talent was also superior. It seemed like the draft experts were giving way too much credit to taking snaps under center and calling plays in a huddle.

3. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

For someone who certainly doesn't have the knowledge of the game that some of these scouts have, I didn't see it that way. Granted, Jameis from the outside appeared to be a better, more polished pocket quarterback with a stronger arm. Marcus appeared to be the more versatile quarterback who could do a lil bit of everything including scramble. The bottomline is, there was nothing about Marcus from a physical standpoint that was going to keep him from being a good to great quarterback. He had the physical tools to do the job. IMO, it takes more than physical tools to do the job and be great at it. Character is one of them. This kat had all the intangibles. Jameis APPEARED to have the same intanibles if you listen to all the same experts. I never saw it that way. I always thought he was a flake and thug and I would have never took him number one with his rhap sheet... I said it in chat, I'm surprised Tampa Bay with Dungy as an advisor took Winston. Dungy said this eve in the pregame show. He watched Mariota all four years at the University of Oregon and knew he had the skills to play the position.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

VY and RollTide sat next to each other on the bus....

[​IMG]
    This should put VY's intelligence in perspective

5. jslade

jslade Camp Fodder

Yes - I hear you on the Vince Young Wonderlic. A 6 is horrifically bad. But, does the Wonderlic matter. Look where Mariota stacked up in Week 4 with all of the other starting quarterbacks. Not sure this really matter much:
    How Smart Is Your QB - NFL QB Wonderlic Scores | NFL Wonderlic Sample Test

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Wrong. RT made VY move to the back.

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It felt different Week 1, since then it's felt like the same old shlt.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

To answer your question, ya, it feels different. I cannot remember the last time we had a qb as composed as 8MM. I have always, well since #9, cringed at our qb play. With 8MM I feel strangely confident. We all know our OL is shiite. By the time things there improve, 8MM will be more experienced. He does have "IT". He is or franchise. Until then I will sit back, watch him win/lose all the while improving. Before too long we will be back where we all want to be. Whis being fired, to me, was a very good sign. No matter what the motivation of the owners, they have made it clear they want winners.

Hang on guys, this ride should be fun.

9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I havent felt good about a qb since we drafted McNair. I cringe everytime Mariota takes a hit and I am afraid he cannot throw deep and is going to be the next Alex Smith.

10. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

I agree on the long ball as well, which is something that he will need to work on in order to keep the defenses honest and open up the field a little more.

Like 95% of Dalton's passes last night were 10 yds or less and he orchestrated several long drives that turned into TD's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar