Does the new cap # allow the Dolts to resign Edge?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanjay, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

their best chance was last year and they blew it

they'll blow it again

and in 2 years they'll be like $40 million over the cap
    and they'll have to release half the team

shed a tear

2. I'm all for seeing the Colts fail in agony. But I still say their best chance is to go for broke now...

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If they can get Edge somehow they will be in decent shape for a few years. I'm with Starkiller, now is the time to go for it and worry about three years from now when it gets here. Losing Edge could be huge for them and signing him opens up their draft possibilities at other postions of need.

4. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

Too lazy to find the link now, but the Colts are $8-10 million UNDER the cap according to Polian in the Indy Star this morning.
    I don't think they'll make much of an effort to re-sign EJ. He'll get big $ from somebody, and I don't think the Colts will try to compete with that.
    David Thornton's probably gone, too.

5. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

is there any chance we Can Sign Edge? do u guys want him>?

6. So wino, I assume you guys are going to shell out for a sober kicker this year?

7. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

and maybe find someone to make sure Harper's wife remains unarmed!

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Edge is visiting the Cardinals.

9. wino

I think they've already found him, but it'll be interesting to see what happens there. The Colts held kicker tryouts right after the season ended and signed a kid named Shane Andrus. I don't know much about him, but I know his tryout was impressive. :) :brow: Word is they signed him immediately after the tryout was over. Polian has been known to find hidden gems. I'm hoping Andrus is one of them.

Vandy's been a good kicker for us (for the most part), but costly misses have hurt us. Vandy hasn't been happy with Polian bringing in a variety of kickers over the last couple of years to kick off, yet he's done nothing to show HE should be the one kicking off. I don't think they trade Christmas cards, and if Andrus does a reasonable job I think he'll be embraced by Colts fans. It will be nice not to have to hear Vandy mention (AGAIN!) that he is the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL. :rolleyes:

10. wino

Maybe you should worry more about Pacman staying out of jail than Harper's wife. :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar