Does The Pre Season Format Of 4 Games Benefit An NFL Team More?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrandMajesty1, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Have tickets this year and I like the 4 Game format. There's only 2 preseason games you go to and it does give extra time for the team to develop their younger guys and better evaluate the talent. I think its the best format for the team and like some other posters are saying it is better for the players to play 16 games instead of the 18.

The 4th game is usually the most boring because a lot of starters don't play. 3rd game this season the starters are supposed to play through the half. I'll still enjoy going to the game.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd love 18 games but the players union wouldn't have it and, honestly, we already have too many meaningless games the last few weeks of the season for over half the NFL teams as is.

When it gets to the point these owners get desperate to get butts in the stadium on Sunday, they'll have no choice.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was about to say... Finally a non-facepalm thread.

I would keep it the way it is. I don't want an extra two regular season games... Stats and records over the last 30 years would be ruined, injuries would increase exponentionally, and the playoffs would suck a whole lot more due to players being completely worn down or unable to play due to injury.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I like it the way it is. How would the rookies get evaluated in such short time.

It's fine the way it is. The possibility of getting injured in a meaningless game, runs the same risk of getting injured in a meaningful game.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ok how about this...

The teams play one half. Then a skills competition between the players. It would've been fun to watch Locker, Ftizmagic, Rusty, Cousins, Pat White, whoever else do a QB skills competition on the field.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Probably the thing I hate about preseason most is seeing some player get season or career injured in a meaningless game.

7. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I'm generally not a fan of change. Although often times I find myself pleased with the results and glad someone other than myself is making the decisions. I really can't see how changing this can be a good thing though.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hmmm

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar