Dolphins looking to trade for RB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Everyone is down on Nkemdiche for whatever reason[I get the off the field stuff], but when I put the tape on, I see one of the most athletic, dominant 300 lb DL I've seen in years. He's Leonard Williams quality IMO.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Wrong thread

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Great athlete. Not a great football player yet.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The thought of him slipping to the 2nd or beyond is crazy to me. Better tape than Buckner IMO, and I know that ain't the popular opinion.

5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Not really. I mentioned us trading Sankey and perhaps Mettenberger to move up from #33 to #26, with Seattle, perhaps....who should know Sankey better than most teams. He played for their fans home state school. They would probably see value in him, still that we don't. He played behind a suspect OL and didn't really get that many carries.

Trading back up into the 1st, there, could give us a shot at Nkemdiche. We could do the same thing by trading Sankey to the Dolphins for a 4th rd pick and use that plus one of our 6th Rd picks. I'm not real big on trading up, but I think it would be worth it to get a talent like Nkemdiche on the DL (to go opposite of Casey and with DaQuan Jones moved over to NT). That would be a fearsome defensive front.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

That's why I was suggesting the trade of Sankey and Mett to move back up to the #25 range, to get him. Even if we don't make such a trade, it is not out of the question, because I have seen recent articles that have him projected as late as the early 2nd. It's mostly because of his off-field concerns....the same as DGB last year.

There are also concerns about his effort and that he just disappears in some games. I think as long as any one of Jaran Reed, A. Robinson or A. Billings are still on the board, Nkemdiche will slide. Teams will likely be compelled to take one of those guys, without questions on and off the field.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Blackburn

Blackburn Starter

I don't think that Sankey and Mett have any trade value even if they are packaged together. You have a QB that is 0-10 that has a big arm but that is about all he offers and then you have a wasted 1st round RB that has shown little to nothing and is a liability on special teams. I just don't see any team giving up anything for either of them.

8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I would normally see it that way, too, but the NFL often gives players 2nd chances, and what one team sees as a disappointment, another team might see potential. Just look at Trent Richardson. He was traded for a 1st Rd pick, even after he was as disappointing to Cleveland as Sankey was to us. Sankey wasn't a 1st Rd RB, BTW. We took him in the middle of the 2nd, but we had our pick of the litter at RB that year, and took him rather than Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill.

I still think a team like Dallas could get the most out of him, with their OL. The Raiders supposedly have a good OL, now, and I don't recall them having a bellcow RB yet. As I mentioned, Seattle was right in Sankey's back yard, at Washington. They know him and with Lynch retired, they are going to need a RB. Sankey can be a good RB if he has a line that can open holes for him. We didn't.

Some of that could be bad OL coaching from Bostad. But, the real problem with him is that he is too small to create his own yardage...at least at the LOS. He had some games where he showed flashes....and he does have legit 4.4 speed. To me, he is a lot like Ronnie Hillman of the Broncos.

Ronnie Hillman, RB for the Denver Broncos at NFL.com

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree somewhat, I'm sure there is some value for Sankey. He was a 2nd rounder not a 1st but still a wasted pick.

10. Blackburn

Blackburn Starter

Oh yeah, I must have confused him being the 1st running back drafted that year with the fact that it was in the 2nd round.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar