Dolphins players recruiting Mac

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

As a Titans fan I would hate to see him go. As a McNair fan I would love to see him go somewhere where he will be appreciated.

Not even Peyton could have success with

a #2 receiver converted to a #1 (Drew Bennett) (?expectation)

a #2 receiver in what his third season after missing his entire 2nd second season due to injury and who got semi-benched in his first for dropping passes (?expectation)

and 3 rookies

My expectation level was low to start with. Other people expected miracles and tried to use Mac as their whooping boy. Next year will be better but not stellar. If he goes to Miami, I wish him the best.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The only problem I have with this point is using Peyton as the measuring stick for a successful QB. Change it to "Not even Brady, Palmer, Brees... and I'm right there with Ms. Titan. And she didn't even mention the fairly dubious pass protection or the fact the team was installing a new offence.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. I would hate watch him go, I am a die hard McNair fan, and I can't imagine McNair in another uniform, I only see him in 2 tone blue, I would expect Reese to have some loyalty to Mac and sign him to 2 more years, mac has been loyal to the team, and in past years he cut his salary to make room for another players, instead of Eddie who prefer to taste the Cowboys bench for a few more dollars.

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

If we could get a first, I would trade him in a heart beat. Time to move on people and look to the future. Hanging on to the past will only keep us from getting where we want to be. I may even take a 2nd and 3rd. Maybe just a second.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've loved McNair, but I've started to doubt him more recently, especially his current value to the franchise. While the rumors we've heard about fish and reese having a problem with the way he handled the leadership role at the end of last season, that's only speculation at that point. I was excited at the beginning of last season when he was saying he was excited to play and felt better than he had in a long time. Now, I'm not so sure about what he can really bring for us next year other than the role of a mentor (which I do think is very valuable). I'm not sure what the ramifications on the cap are with a trade (starkiller?), do we just get to drop all that money? If so, I'd gladly take two seconds for him, or a 1st. We'd open up money and be able to build. It would make next year rough, but we're in a transition phase, he's costing us a bunch either this year or the next two, and I think it might help us more, if that's how it works, to trade him. I was also disappointed that he's had Cook say he really needs/wants ten million next year. Ouch Steve, nashville loves you, be a little more flexible... If he does go, I wish him the best, he's meant a lot to this team and had a great career...

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

This is not true. Mac has renogitated his contract several times, but he's never taken a pay cut. Its always been reduce this years salary, and get the difference as a signing bonus. Eddie was asked to take a straight up paycut. This year they want McNair to do the same thing, and his answer is the same as Eddie's was... no.

7. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I agree with you titanbuoy. The only reason why I used Manning is becasue a lot of people think that he's Gods gift to quarterbacking. In my opinion, Brady is the best. He got the skills and mental toughness.

8. No way is Dolphins getting are Stevie

9. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

Mac in miami???!!! although I think it is highly unlikely he'll have the weapons on offense and a solid defense that could help him push towards another deep playoff run which would be great for him and save the titans all kinds of cap money hopefully if this happens all sides get better and maybe mac could get what eddie couldnt elsewhere..........

10. And where is Eddie playing football right now??

PS2 MADDEN 2006 :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar