Dolphins pranks Martin then he leaves facility!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

sounds like it. even though incognito is a pos, i'm with jwill. i wouldn't want martin being my protector if i'm tannehill. maybe that's why you haven't heard him saying anything.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I'm not condoning "bullyism" but I actually feel bad for Martin and Incognito and wish that a leader would have buffered this situation sooner. They're BOTH immature but I want to see both continue their careers. The media in my opinion is over-villifying Incognito and making Martin look more troubled and victim like than he actually is. This wouldn't happen on our team, everyone say's Locker would regulate it and I agree but even Roos,Pollard and others except maybe Big Country lol. he looks NUTS, would diffuse it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I want martin to get back in the game but I think it is the end for incognito and good riddance to trash. How many times can this guy get suspended from a team before his chances are gone? Twice in college, one time with the rams for personal fouls and this guy was voted dirtiest player in the league. Incognito brought this upon himself and I do not feel any pity for this POS! What gm, would take a chance with this guy? I understand why martin is getting a bad rep but I don't blame him for doing what he did.

4. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So its now sounding like the coaches who claim they didn't know any of this was going on were the ones that set this entire thing in motion....

Sources: Dolphins coaches asked Incognito to toughen up Martin

Miami Dolphins' coaches asked player Richie Incognito, who was the offensive line's undisputed leader, to toughen up teammate Jonathan Martin after he missed a voluntary workout last spring, at least two sources told the Sun Sentinel.
    The sources told the paper they believe that Incognito, who is accused of using racially incendiary language and bullying tactics against Martin, may have taken those orders too far.
    It's not clear whether those marching orders will now become part of a pending investigation by the NFL into the Dolphins' locker room culture, and the alleged bullying that took place between Incognito and Martin.
    "I'm just trying to weather the storm right now. This will pass," Incognito told WSVN-TV when reached outside a doctor's office.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolphins-hazing-1106-20131105,0,1628986.story

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Do you not believe Incognito said the things he said? Over-villifying him? In what way?

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We toughed people up in the Marines once they reached the fleet if they needed it, we never used race or brought family into it. The Dolphins are stupid and Incognito is the stereotypical muscle and no brains idiot. You don't cross certain lines, race is easily one of those lines. ESPECIALLY outside of the locker room. Leaving voice mails? Really?

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

just being the devils advocate here

a HC was told of a much uglier and worse incindent and he choose winning/expedience over morals. His name was Joe Paterno

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

In my opinion I think the dolphins staff looked the other way and now it is coming back to bite them in the a$$.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Could be. Although, if the Dolphins asked Incognoto to "toughen Martin up" and left it at that, and Incognito chose on his own to go where he went, it's all on Incognito. That would not be the standard "toughen up" process they were referring to.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

true and if they asked this guy to do it given his past record that was stupid on their part. Did they not see all his personal fouls, suspensions and dirty player of the year award?? Stupid on the dolphins coaching staff for that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar