Don’t expect Titans to use tag

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

so you think if Verner leaves that teams are all of a sudden going to start choosing to throw to jMacs side?

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

... that didn't exactly work out.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why y'all keep talking bout justin mccareins? He's been gone a while now

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The only thing worse than paying a #2 corner $8.6 million is paying another #2 corner $11.2 million.

Sorry, Verner fans, but it's the truth. The guy is good. He isn't great.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

McCourty is owed a lot of money, that's why he's an automatic starter. I'm not saying he isn't good I'm saying he isn't great. Definitely not $8mil a year corner money great. McCourty has been starter one whole year longer than Vern and still has almost the exact same stats.

McCourty: 3 year starter, 38 passes defended, and 6 picks over that span

Verner: 2 year starter, 32 passes defended, and 7 picks over this span

Also Verner had 78 tackles, 11 passes defended and 3 picks his rookie year starting in only 12 games which is better than JMac did starting every game last season. My point being that Verner showed signs of being a what he is now from the get-go. Bringing in a horribly bad DC in Verner's 2nd year whose supposed specialty is DBs played a big part in Vern not getting his due playing time in 2011. Gray looked at Vern as a slow undersized corner who didn't deserve playing time over Cortland and the bigger faster McCourty even though it was clear to most of us that Vern was the better corner.

And when Cortland left for STL and that $50 million deal, we foolishly signed JMac to that equally horrible 6 year $44.26 million deal. Had our FO played it right and locked JMac and Verner up appropriately they'd both be playing under 5 year $25 million deals. BUT now we're at the point where we've overpaid for McCourty and Verner is about to get mega rich elsewhere. Of course it was Reinfeldt who gave JMac his deal so I can only hope that Ruston will make much wiser decisions for us now that he is the man. That said I still think that Verner is a goner and JMac will still be our #1 corner even though he's much more suited to be a solid #2 to Verner.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

He died?

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

RIP In Peace

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Oh god, why am I seeing Justin McCareins in this thread. **** him and his t-rex arms.

10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar