donnie nickey?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by paraconspiracy, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I can't give much credit to Toone for that sack and FF. We could lined Hentrich up there and had the same results :ha:

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

maybe they didnt outplay them. but history has shown us that both of those guys suck. and their upside is slim to none... their ceiling has been reached... you know?!?!

all i'm sayin is lets get some new benchwarmers in that may actually turn into something rather than the ones that have reached their potential.

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Nickey is a special teams stud. Thats why.

4. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

It strikes me as a bit funny that people complain about the "projects" the Titans bring in who don't amount to anything -- even reliable special teams players -- but they are always very ready to get rid of the guys who's ceilings have been reached even if they ARE reliable special teams players, in favor of the unknown who may have more upside.

Nickey moreso than Gardner in that regard as a realiable special teamer, though. Gardner really is lucky that Waddell got hurt.

I would be perfectly fine with them swapping out Nickey for a proven special teams player who may still have more upside at DB. I'm not so anxious for them to get rid of Nickey for a completely unproven "project".

5. paraconspiracy

any time someone has 3/4 years experience over a guy he is going to be better. i would always take a rookie 4th (or fifth.. dont remember which he was) rounder over a 3/4 years experienced special teams only guy.

it strikes me a bit funny that people complain about not having LB depth, speed on defense, but want to keep special teams players who aren't helping either.. just to be on the "safe side" only to complain later about how bad said special team players suck when they are actually needed at a real position.

nande isn't a project. he is about as expected from his draft posistion. he isn't a calico or a woolfolk. he didnt get drafted three rounds too early based on potential. he is a rookie that needs to understand the game better. that is all.
    our "project" players have all understood the game but where playing positions that were pretty new and unnatural for them. (woolfolk- WR to DB.. calico LB to WR) so yes they were a stretch. i'm not arguing for those guys at all. nande has always been a LB and a damn strong one too.

looking for a future starting MLB thats strong as an ox and fast as a RB?... well he left yesterday

6. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

All draft picks are unproven projects. Regardless of round.

And Tulloch is the "MLB of the future" here. He got the coaches' attention in camp when Nande did not.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

as a second day pick, you have to earn your roster spot on special teams. if he cant be trusted on special teams he cant be active. if you have someone who cant be active for the games its a waste of a roster spot.

thats what the practice squad is for.

8. paraconspiracy

i guess we'll just disagree. i think a special teams player is a waste of a spot when there is talent waiting to be nurtured... you dont. tulloch feels more like a weak side lb to me cause i dont think he's strong enough and will get handled by linemen in the middle. theres a history of some good undersized MLB's though.. so whatever

9. TM

TM Starter

Nande is a project. Fisher said he didn't trust him yet at LB or ST. Nickey can at least line up and contribute on ST.

10. paraconspiracy

wow talk about reiteration

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar