Donovan McNabb

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KelvisKblam, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

It seems that there have been threads on many of the QB candidates but none specifically about McNabb yet. It also seems that many of us would be happy to have him in a Titans uniform next year. Do you agree?

IMO, McNabb is a classy guy, a well-spoken leader who takes controversy reasonably well. His career numbers speak for themselves and I believe he has some tread left on the tires and can (still) be a very good and accurate QB. I don't think we should put too much stock in his mediocre performance in 2010 as it seems that his O-line rarely gave him enough time to make plays, he had a subpar running game to work with, and he wasn't surrounded by quality players at the other offensive skill positions. Combine that with Shanahan's erratic and irresponsible behavior toward McNabb and you get a good QB playing in an unfavorable situation. (Aside: When is he going to be released by the Redskins? I read somewhere that he would be released early, which would be the right thing to do by him, but no word as of yet that I know of.)

My question is, how would you feel about McNabb at QB for the Titans in 2011? If you agree that he'd be a good fit, how likely do you think it is that the Titans could sign him, given the plethora of teams searching for a QB and the lack of NFL-ready prospects in the draft?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Absolutely, we should get him.

But, you know our franchise's history.

3. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

Ugh, I know. But isn't that the point of History, to remember and learn from our mistakes so as not to repeat them? Someone ought to remind Fisher of that. :irked:

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

One can only hope.

Sure, McNabb is past his prime, but in the right system his team could go places. Coming to the Titans would make a lot of sense for him IMO.

If we were able to get McNabb, bring back Haynesworth, and add a good O-lineman, we could be legit.

5. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

At this point he's better than what we got.

I think we should go after someone a bit younger who's not washed up on last legs.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree. I really like McNabb's leadership abilities and attitude, and if this were 2 years ago I would be screaming for him. However, his performance last year gives me some cause for concern that time has caught up to him. It may have just been just the situation, but it may not.

I still think we shoot for Orton, as much as that makes me cringe.

7. globelieves

globelieves Starter

oh please....I like McNabb as a human, but he's not the answer

8. pettso

pettso Starter

I think he's the best option outside the draft right now. Who would you prefer?

9. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Actually, for one year...which is all I see him being...and a potential lockout...I see no advantage of McNabb over KC, and I'm not a KC fan. I don't have a problem w/ McNabb...just not willing to pretend he is an answer to anything.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Well, McNabb can at least get out of the pocket if needed...Kerry just freezes and goes down.

Plus Kerry's delivery just looks like it takes forever...its like he starts winding up to throw the ball 5 seconds before he as to release it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar