"Don't Buy in to the SEC Myth"

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Calm down there shooter. Don't get so upset by two words "so much". :grrhee:

So, you post an opinion by someone from Detroit (probably you, lol) and we're suppose to bow down?

Here's another opinion that's different than the article you posted. Read it and concede...:ha:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10196456/

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gloat, could you find and link to arguments where you think it is clear that people are arguing that the SEC is SO MUCH better, rather than just better? Can you really even make that distinction when you're already conceding the major point of the argument?

3. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

Ya'll are debating a NEVER ending battle.. I am a University of Tennessee fan and never have I ever stated that the speed in the SEC is better than any other conference. Now, the level of talent is obviously stronger.. Every other conference have one or two power houses and thats it. In the SEC east there are two maybe three.. (Georgia, FLA, and i dont consider UT as one but they could maybe in that arguement)... Speed is spread out throughout the nation...

4. Hoffa

No one here has either. Gloat is just bitter cause his Conference lost a bet for him...:grrhee:

:thumb:

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes. People here have, and the media does it every game the SEC plays. Keep acting blind, when you know better.
    "Now, the level of talent is obviously stronger" lol, see that's the thing. This article PROVED that the level of talent isn't 'obviously stronger'. They average 1 more draft pick than every other conference. Then think - they have more teams than almost every other conference.

So much for being more talented. That's out the window.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Hmmm, wonder what The Ohio State would say after 9 straight defeats by SEC schools in bowl games?:grrhee:

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Read the article. Michigan dominates the SEC. Gets dominated by OSU. OSU gets dominated by SEC.
    It's circular logic, and it doesn't work.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

And Appalachain State dominates Michigan, end of circle. :grrhee:

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Proof is in the results. This year, SEC was the best conference. I don't think anyone said that SEC has more talent, but they certainly have as much as any conference. To me, where the speed comes in isn't the skill players, it is the speed of the DL and the LB. That is the advantage.

10. Hoffa

In my opinion, the SEC has been the best conference recently, and better than the Big 10 over the past decade.

They haven't always been the best, the Big 10 was better than everyone for a good while. So, to use the lifetime records between the conferences to determine who is the best overall is pointless.

Today, the SEC is on top...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar