Don't Fire Munchak, don't cut CJ and don't give up on Locker.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Johnnyrex, Jan 2, 2014.

?
  1. No, I like these guys and I want to see what happens next year.

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Yes, I'm done with them. I need to see a drastic change!

29 vote(s)
    78.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

7-9 isn't a terrible record, but its how we got there that concerns me ...

We started the season 3-1 (good), and then go 2-8 over the next 10 games ... we mananged to win 2 out of 10 games!!!! and that was when the playoffs and division were in reach!! And that includes a loss to the winless Jags in a critical game for us and a complete 2nd half meltdown against the colts in a BIG game that would've put us in position to take control of the division.

The only other 2 wins we got were meaningless.

Sure we had a backup QB playing, but c'mon ... 2 wins in 10 games!!! And its not like Fitz has never started in this league before.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Thing about Fitz is that he plays well until he makes the biggest mistake a QB can make which is to throw a pick in a crucial part of a tight game.I'll be real and say that he did keep us in a few games but he also threw away a lot of crucial ones. Basically he was who we thought he was and this season played out exactly how we all thought it would if Jake went down. That's why I can't believe all the shock, awe, and outrage going on. We saw this coming.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey you know whats great about arguing with you?

Nothing!

Because you suck at everything LOL

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

All I am saying is that everyone suddenly wants to get on the "Locker" train saying that we lost because he was out, when before, everyone was scared to death of his inconsistency. Statistically, Fitz out played him. Take a look. 62% completion, 223.1 ypg, 14 TD. Only Intereceptions hurt him. Regardless of who was under center, there were many more reasons this team lost games this year.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Lol 'only' interceptions. No biggie.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

lol, obviously it's a problem. What I am saying is, it's not like Jake Locker was lighting up the world with an amazing historic season. To think he would take us to the promise land is unrealistic.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Well if your assessment is correct we're no less screwed because we were going to get horrible QB play either way.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Basically. I think Jake will do fine as a backup, but I don't think he is a franchise and or elite QB. He is too inconsistent and injury prone. When the stats between Fitz and him are that close, that is a problem. I think most of us would agree that they need a franchise QB, some OL help, and to say goodbye to CJ and get a RB. On defense, I think we certainly need a MLB and DE.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

No, but I will say it seemed the offense was "better" with Locker.

That can also be chalked up to totally different system QBs. Never understood why your backup QB was vastly different from your starter in playing styles... I feel that's a big part of the Titans' offensive failures.

I mean, Loggains had to change the scheme to fit Fitz. No wonder the offense sucked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar