Don't Screw This Up Indy...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

IMO I much rather go into the Playoffs as a wild card

I feel that the Titans are a much better team when they are on a role and I think that if we can get into a roll muck like we did last year and carry that into the playoffs we stand a much better chance of succeeding...

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hello? the colts lose and at least there is the tiny chance we can win the division. Winning our division is the only way we can be at home in the playoffs. Remember with this 4 division format it is even harder on the 2 wild card teams.

So unless we have given up on a division title we should home the colts lose.

I do hate the pats and would love to see them lose.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why the wild card is harder now..

Instead of 3 division champs and 3 WC there are now 4 champs and 2 WC which means that no wild card gets a home game. In the nfc it doesn't matter all the teams are average but for us to go to the super bowl as a wild card would mean to beat either the chargers or the north champ(ravens or steelers) and then the colts and pats in succession all on the road! Now the steelers ran a comparable gauntlet in 05 but i can't think of a harder task ever as long as i have been watching the nfl. Imagine having to run the table against the chargers-colts-pats on the road. In 05 the steelers had that big win against the colts but in the afc championship only had to beat jake plummer. We would have to beat manning and brady, dungy and belichick consecutively!

4. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

who ever makes the first mistake with a turnover will be the team to lose

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Sure from a completely rational point of view we want the Colts to loose which means we pull within one game. That doesn't mean I can't smile if the Colts are in victory formation while I watch the smurk on BB's face.

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

It is a "no lose" scenario for us, because we don't play.

7. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

I don't have a preference on who wins, because there are so many upsides to both losing. For example:

If the Patriots lose:
    We get to see Tom Brady cry.
    ESPN will quit bowing down to the almighty Patriot Gods.
    Randy Moss will blame the loss on Tom Brady.
    Patriot fans will cry because they lost to the Colts and Peyton Manning.

If the Colts lose:
    Peyton will cry.
    Helps the Titans.
    We get to laugh at Peyton and the Colts.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

nice way of looking at it from a Win Win situation hrudy18

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

i agree. these teams arent even in the same class.

Pats = 1st class
    Colts = Coach

10. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Too bad they both can't lose, lol. They both suck and I hate'em. We should call this "The :loser: Bowl". I'm sure the announcers will short circuit with Manning and Brady there at the same time, they won't know who's :moon2: to kiss on first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar