Don't worry, I didn't forget Dwayne Bowe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

*****?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol, fail.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All valid points.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Bowe is the one WR I would not mind the Titans paying for. Then we would not need to tag cook and we could let him walk.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bowe wouldn't be a bad signing. I seriously doubt he would be a dud or anything and probably ends up being a decent production guy. The problem with any of these guys is they are goiing to take a huge contract. So it is risky just because of that. Just about any WR could end up like Givens, suffer a major injury or something.

What is puzzling is we have all these threads about team cuts but then we of course can't forget Bowe? Bowe not only is NOT a cut candidate but is likely to be franchised. So we have a thread about a guy who probably doesn't even hit the market.

In reality a top FA WR isn't the way we should go. Using Vincent Jackson's contract as a yard marker we are looking at 5 years, 55 mil to sign one of the top guys give or take. Even if Bowe or Wallace are willing to take a little less it won't be much less after the bidding is over with. Now ask your self. Is this realistic? Or are we better off drafting a guy we think can be a play maker in the draft, even if we have to use a 1st round pick for one and then using the 11 mil on a couple other positions in FA.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I really don't think we need a WR, and here is why. (Even if you don't factor in the part about 'they get paid mad bucks now' or 'they come here and flop.')

The reason is that I honestly believe that we have good receivers now, i'm serious. Stop giving Lock excuses to not hit them in stride (or not hit them, period). He is the guy holding them back and not the other way around.

If you gave our current group of pass catchers (Britt, Nate, D-Will, Wright, Hawk, and Preston) to a QB like Brady (who's been throwing it to a bunch of 'nobodies' for a while now), he'd show you exactly how good they are. Its time for Lock to make it happen...

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Brandon Lloyd, Wes Welker, and Gronk are nobodies now?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

What I meant by that is he has made a career of throwing the ball to guys who are not considered elite or who were dubbed 'past their prime' (I just looked at the NE rosters from '06-now to make double sure).

For example, he hasn't EVER had a young elite receiver to work with and keep around for 5+ years. The Pats never drafted him a Megatron/Fitz/Andre/A.J./White/Julio/etc...(the list of premier receivers has grown). He just FOUND WAYS TO BALL with what he had.

He helped make Randy a star again, just as he made Wes into a star. When his WRs started to suck, he made Gronk (statistically) the best TE the NFL has ever seen. Bet your money, had Gronk gone to another team, he'da never duplicated those numbers. Much like Moss woulda never gotten all those TDs (and broken the record) had he gone to another team.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

59-801
    81-1159
    72-1162
    47-589
    86-1022
    70-955

10. DaFunkYMonkeY

DaFunkYMonkeY Practice Squad

i'd take bowe, Wallace, or Jennings but would never take harvin.
    on ed reed I would take him in second

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar