Draft a DL or CB in first round?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ericgolonghorns, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH3

AH3 Rookie

If we have Brown and Seymour we don't even need anyone else on the line :ha:! Those guys would dominate. I doubt it will happen, but it would be sick.

I keep going back and forth on Haden. I watch guys like Revis and it makes me want a 1st round CB in hopes of him turning into a similar shutdown corner. But I think the safer pick would be pass-rushing DE. I don't like Dunlap because he seems to have some off the field and work ethic issues, but there are plenty of good D lineman in this draft. I'd love McClain too, just because I think he has some huge ability- like could very well turn into one of the premier MLB in the league.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I think you're focus is right on. However, I don't think we sign a big time DT and Brown (who'll want a lot of money too) considering Jones is a starting caliber DT (at least for pass rush) and they'll be looking to get Marks a lot of playing time. I think they could sign Brown or Seymour, but doubt they'd sign both. I could see them signing one DT and one DE...especially if we cut KVB, Kearse and Ball loose. How about Dumervil and Brown?

Then we can take best player at CB, LB, DL, OC/OG...

Gut

Gut

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm all for getting a CB/KR, but after this year I realize how bad a great CB (Finnegan) can be without a good pass rush.

4. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Cb!!!!

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I would pony up and pay for Dumervil the guy is a monster off the edge.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

Couldn't agree more. Can't see us drafting a CB in round 1 after what we did last year. I would highly lean towards a pass-rushing DE. We have several that can stop the run... need a few that can get after the QB in the right down and distance situations.

7. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

Thanks for including the vid.. hadn't heard much about Morgan before this. Watched the whole vid and was very impressed.. Seems stout against both the run and pass. Relentless after the ball too. Him + Washburn could be a match made in heaven.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Dumervil will be an RFA without a new CBA.

Another option that's gaining discussion is drafting S Earl Thomas from Texas. Seems like he could make the conversion to corner. With Haden possibly being drafted ahead of the Titans' pick, coupled with the Titans' love for CB/S tweeners, Thomas makes a lot of sense in the middle of the round, especially if the scouts and Washburn think they can get similar talent at DE in the third.

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I hadn't really thought about that, but Thomas could be a good option for us. His projected 40 time is good and I know he can tackle well, but I don't know much about his cover skills. We could put Griffin at CB and him at S too if he is better suited at S. We all know how the Titans love drafting the Texas boys.

Taylor Mays to play OLB would also be an interesting thought. He's got great speed and can tackle well, but could improve some in coverage. But with such raw ability, I think he could be productive with some good coaching. That is, if the Raiders don't grab him haha.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah I really like his motor and he looked good against Bulaga who is considered a first round talent. I see Kearse and Ball pretty much gone and possibly KVB so he would be a good choice even if we sign KVB or a get a FA. McClain/Morgan/Haden would be happy with any of those three if the draft were today. I wonder what Ford could do as a full-time starter opposite Hayes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar