Draft a Team game: who's in?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by citizenthom, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

The reason for the 12-hour clock is that if we do 24 hours, the game might end up taking till next year. :p

The "waiting list" option might be a good idea in a pinch. I'm on my computer most of the time at work, so I can always enter the pick if someone can't make it online. But I think that would best be used when guys know they're going to have a hard time getting to the computer on a given day/few days, like when they're on vacation.

We'll vote on that and the other issues once we have a full group.

2. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I would like to be in. H-Town Cats.

3. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

done.

4. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

FYI, we'll probably go ahead and cap this sucker at the end of today, since most folks will have cycled through the Board by then. I'd like to have 12, but 8 or even ten will still be fun times.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'll play. Tennessee Nationals

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This sounds like a lot of fun and I'd like to take part.

Team name: Toronto Huskies

7. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Both you guys are listed. This gonna be crazy.

Another idea I had was a "coaches draft": first round is head coaches, then everyone gets an OC, DC, and maybe a set number of particular position coaches.

And instead of just voting on the best team, maybe we'll have several head-to-head polls and discussion threads, if people get into it enough to participate? We can vote on both issues as well as Ks/Ps and other issues.

Glad so many folks are interested!

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

I suggest we get at least 10. 12 ppl is much better because 8 means every has top players for every position. At least with 12 not everyone will at several positions.

Can we trade picks and or players? If yes, which and who will oversee that someone isn't doing something crazy? If you are able to trade picks, the draft should continue until each team has made it's roster number. Otherwise no one could trade 2 picks for one for example.

If we did a coaches one, you should be able to pick your HC, OC or DC at any time AND should be able to pick a guy for whatever position you want (IE...you could take Rex Ryan as your DC, not just as a HC). Could we take coaches out of retirement (as long as they are alive and kicking)? Would make it much more interesting IMO.

How soon are we starting this?

Just some thoughts...

Gut

9. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

My plan is to see how many people we have this evening, and if it's 10 or 12 we'll go ahead and vote on some issues we've discussed here. Kickoff will be this weekend; I'd love to be up and going Friday night so we can get a lot of picks done. I can randomize the picks myself or, if folks prefer, ask a mod to assign the pick order.

Coaches: for simplicity's sake I think we should stick to currently employed coaches. We can include college and UFL in that, but no retirees and no one currently not looking (so no Fisher, Gruden, or Cowher, but Schottenheimer is available). I also vote for no demotions from NFl head coach to coordinator since that would break the reality.

I'd like to do a coaches' draft at the end of the players' draft, in reverse order of the players' draft. So whomever picks first in the players' draft picks their HC last.

No trading right now because we only have as many picks as roster slots. But if we have a lot of fun amd want to keep this going, I'd like to do an abbreviated draft of rookies after the season where there CAN be trades.

10. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

I'm in.
    Team name:
    Burgundy and Gold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar