Draft Board - Offense

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Tebow needs to go to a team willing to use him in multiple roles while giving him reps at QB. I think he needs a good mentor though wherever he goes to learn the finer points and work on his mechanics. He devotes so much time to getting better though I could see him starting some day at QB but at the very least your getting a hardworking player you won't have to worry about who has value at a couple of positions. Round 3 is where I would take him but no earlier for the risk that he never develops into anything but a slash type player.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

only way Tebow goes in the 1st round is if the Raiders take him.

3. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Or the Jags. I think their owner has already talked about wanting him. And it would be a good PR move, considering Tebow is one of the most popular UF athletes ever and the Jags are located in the same state and couldn't even sell out their stadium last year most games.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I don't see him being a difference maker and he's a bit of a long shot to start at any position...so I wouldn't take him 'til the 4th rnd. I think his BEST bet is to convince teams after (or while) he gets a shot at QB, he's willing to be an H-back, fullback and play special teams.

We'll see how he does in the Senior Bowl and Senior Bowl practices but I'll be pleasantly surprised if someone takes him in round 1 or 2...as long as it's NOT the Titans!

Gut

5. sCarecrow

sCarecrow Guest

After this senior bowl performance of Tebow I obviously have to revise the first round grade.
    At best a 2nd-3rd Round grade.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Glad to hear it...but did you think his performance wouldn't be what it was?

A LOT of people are all over Adrian Peterson for his fumbling issues and most of that is mindset to correct a mechanical problem. Tebow has huge mechanical issues which...even with working with a professional QB coach to 'correct' these things...his release remains pretty much the same. It's too long (slow) and bringing the ball to your waist is asking for a fumble. Plus, when you get to the NFL, you DON'T want your QB trying to run people over.

As a 4th rnd pick, with the idea that you can try and develop him as a long term starter while working a shortyardage/goaline/wildcat offensive package and let him play special teams and let him play some H-back, I see the value. You don't need to worry about him getting hit while he's not your starting QB. IMO, someone will overdraft him just because of how great a college player he was.

Gut

7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

HAHAHA I can just see him going crazy on special teams. The funny thing is I think it's right up his alley. Now you've got me hoping whoever drafts him lets him plays some as a special teamer.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think it makes a lot of sense for the Jaguars to draft Tebow. Maybe they wait til the 2nd round now but they shouldn't pass him up.

Not because I think Tebow will be worth it as a player, but he's probably their only last chance to stay in Jax. I do think Gator fans would show up to support Tebow in Jacksonville, and I'm sure he'd back at the university a lot if he played there.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

If you don't think Tebow will cut it as an NFL QB you CAN'T pick him that high just for fans. They will be all excited after the draft and probably have a little extra enthusiasm at the beginning of the season, but imagine the hatred that will build on the starting QB's first bad game...WE WANT TEBOW WE WANT TEBOW! Then when Tebow gets a chance and is bad...a sense of hopelessness will ensue...

Jax is leaving Jax soon. Tebow can't stop it...the NFL is going to put a team in Cali and the Jax are the most suitable choice.

Gut

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No the Jags would be the only team dumb enough to take him in the first round. I know the Raiders are an easy target but there would be no reason for them to draft Tebow.

I'll only comment on the QBs.

Bradford is a guy I've loved ever since I first saw him play, however, the shoulder is a concern. If he's 100% at the combine then that would be fine but I've developed a new concern with Bradford as well as Clausen. My concern is are they ranked so high just because of their position? The Rams need a QB WAY more than they need a defensive tackle but on draft day you best believe Suh is going #1. Why is that? Not just because he's the best player in the draft but because no QB is worth taking #1 and if no QB is worth taking #1 than can he really be considered a franchise QB? That's not to say you should never take a QB in the first round unless you have the first pick but if were talking QB than you should be able to say you would take him even if you had the first pick. I just don't know if Bradford or Clausen are good enough to be franchise QBs yet. Bradford plays in an offense that makes you better than you really are and Clausen was in the same system as Quinn who isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. I just wonder if people are overrating these two because of their position.

Two guys I like as mid to late round projects are Dan LeFevour and Levi Brown. In a league where JaMarcus Russel can go #1 I'd easily take a flyer on one of these guys in round 5 or later should Young not pan out or as a possible long term backup QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar