Draft Day Tumbles

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

Every year, players drop in the draft because of two often overlooked reasons: work ethic/attitude and injuries. Not everybody with these problems fall, but there are always prospects that do. Last year, Sergio Kindle (injuries), Carlos Dunlap (work ethic), and Everson Griffen (work ethic) all fell. When we all make our mock drafts, we tend to ignore these things and focus purely on the talent. Basically, who do you think will fall this year?

Da'Quan Bowers: I think there's a possibility he'll fall out of the top ten. His knee is a huge issue, there are reports out that he may not be able to workout before the draft.

Robert Quinn: I've heard multiple reports about how teams are scared of his brain tumor returning, despite being cleared by numerous doctors. Could fall to the 20s.

Adrian Clayborn: His right arm is smaller than his left arm, making him a pure RE. Some have questioned his work ethic this past season, saying he played not to get hurt. Looks like he could fall out of the first round.

Jimmy Smith: He has the talent to be drafted in the first, but his attitude and questionable work ethic have him potentially dropping out of the first.

Jonathan Baldwin: Again, he has the talent, but he called out his coach last year, and never bought into the new system at Pitt. Also dropping out of the first.

Justin Houston: He didn't wow anyone at the combine, but he still put up significant numbers. The film doesn't lie though, and his motor has been called into question. The Vernon Gholston comparisons have already begun. Dropping out of the first.

Will Hill: Honestly, who would draft this guy? He could go undrafted. http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/1/19/1943956/the-happy-football-life-of-will-hill

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Can we draft Will Hill just for ****'s and giggles?

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Off the list that you gave 24:

DaQuan Bowers - Hopefully he won't make it past the Titans at #8 (depending who else is on the board).
    Robert Quinn - I could see him falling, a year without football raises alot of Qs.
    Adrian Clayborn - Def could see him falling.
    Jimmy Smith - Don't know alot about him.
    Jonathan Baldwin - I don't see Baldwin falling past the 2nd round of the Rams (unless they take Julio 1st round). Rams need a big play WR and could opt for Baldwin, although if other talent is on the board they could pass on Baldwin, Danario Alexander was decent last year for the Rams.
    Justin Houston - This is my faller on draft day, Gholston V2 will scare alot of teams.

Another:
    Mikel LeShoure - was once a projected 1st rounder, now I could see him falling to the 3rd.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Will Hill tackles crippled kids. Low life... We better not draft this guy. Pacman all over again.

"Chick tryin to swallow my kids for fathers day" - Will Hill

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Baldwin is a beast. His jumping ability reminds me of a young Randy Moss. I have him listed as my 3rd WR. If he's there in the 2nd, we might have to consider taking him and possibly trading back up in the 2nd to get a QB, assuming we go defense in the 1st. Our new QB will need as many weapons as possible.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

This Will Hill guy is a character. My belief is if any GM or Head Coach saw this, he will NOT BE DRAFTED.

Now this is a headcase. This guy makes Pacman look like a Angel.

As for any of those prospects dropping, I would love to see Adrian Clayborn drop to us in the 2nd round. He didn't really have a good season last year, and looked completely lazy at times. But if you can get this guy motivated to play like he did 2 years ago, we have us a big time player.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I like Clayborn too but would you play him at LB or DE? He's more of a 3-4 guy and for me it would be hard to decide where to put him.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Clayborn would either be a 4-3 DT/DE or a 3-4 DE, no LB anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar