Draft Game 1/29

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I like Ayers, but at the same time I like our OLBs already. McRath has potential still, Witherspoon is decent. Plus we have Rennie Curran a 3rd rounder just a year ago. I don't think it's our biggest need. At DE we have Morgan, and that's literally it. Dave Ball, Ford, and Babin are all FAs and i'm hoping we let them all go. Babin/Ball only got sacks because they lined up 10 yards off the OT. I think DE is our biggest need.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I can see that argument, it all starts with the Dline. Honestly, my main problem with it is that after Bowers and Quinn, I really just do not like the other first round DEs. To me, if you draft a DE in the first round, he needs to be explosive, and I just do not see that with Jordan, Kerrigan and Watt. Now if we were to stay at 8 and take Quinn, I'd be all for it, especially if we got Paea in round 2. Morgan, Paea, Jones, and Quinn would be fun to watch, and those two picks would do wonders to improve our pass defense.
    Note: I actually like Cam Heyward over Jordan, Kerrigan, and Watt.. He is a complete DE, a lot like Morgan.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We trade VY for pick #135.

pick 8: Prince Amukamara, CB, Neb
    pick 39: Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon St.
    pick 77: Christian Ponder, QB, FSU
    pick 108: Lawrence Wilson, OLB, UConn
    pick 135: John Moffitt, OG, Wisc
    pick 139: Deunta Williams, FS, UNC
    pick 170: John Clay, RB, Wisc
    pick 201: Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, OSU

Amukamara can be a shut down CB that our defense has been lacking for some time. Paea brings more talent and size to the DT position, the reason I didn't go DE because Morgan is coming back. Ponder is good in the 3rd. The rest fills need.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I like it, almost identical to the one I posted, except I had Mccarthy as our LB instead of Wilson, and had us taking a TE in round 7 over a WR. If I re-did it I'd have us taking a DE at some point though, I forgot Ball was a free agent. If neither him or Babin are re-signed we lose 2 DEs from our rotation.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Alright, Im going to edit this as I have since realized how short we are going to be at DE. I am also changing our pick in the VY trade to 135. So here goes:

with Prince Amukamara on the board, Dallas trades up one spot to insure they get him, giving up pick #9 and #140.

9 Robert Quinn DE UNC
    39 Stephen Paea DT Oregon St
    77 Christian Ponder QB Florida St
    108 Colin McCarthy ILB Miami
    135 John Moffitt OG Wisconsin
    139 Deunta Williams S UNC
    140 Clint Boling OG Georgia
    150 Jake Kirkpatrick C TCU traded pick 170 and 201 for pick 150

I know some will say that is too many picks used on the oline, but we are in desperate need of help on the interior. So we use this draft to address the interior of our oline, QB, and 4 levels of our defense.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Alright, not going to fool with any trades...

Here are the Titans picks as of now:8,39,77,105,108,139,170,201

8. Marcell Dareus - DT - Alabama. I had a hard time not taking Miller.
    39. Danny Watkins - G - Baylor. If Dareus is gone, I take Miller, then Paea.
    77. ChristianBallard - DE - Iowa. I thought about Ponder.
    105. Andy Dalton - QB - TCU.
    108. Kristofer O'Dowd - C - Southern Cal.
    139. Nate Irving - ILB - NC State.
    170. Will Hill - FS - Florida.
    201. Charles Clay - FB - Tulsa. Adds TE depth.

edit: Where can a get a list of the entire draft order? That might change some things for me.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Here ya go...
    http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2011.php

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Did this with no trades.

8: Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
    39: Stephen Paea DT Oregon State
    77: Benjamin Ijalana G Villanova
    105: Lawrence Wilson OLB Connecticut
    108: Vincent Brown WR San Diego State
    139: Casey Matthews ILB Oregon
    170: John Clay RB Wisconsin
    201: Jerrod Johnson QB Texas A&M

Targeting DT to improve defensive as a whole. Two new linebackers. A new interior lineman. Vincent Brown would compete for playing time against our current WRs. John Clay would spell CJ. Jerrod Johnson is a total project QB that will most likely be a bust, but he is high character and has running ability.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Thanks.

Alright. I'm going to look at this with trades this time. I'm also going to ignore the pick for VY because that isn't going to happen...

Cowboys swap picks to move up a spot and Titans get 140.

9. Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M. Dareus scares me a bit and my gut says Von Miller. He wowed me during the season and the Senior Bowl confirmed that.

39. Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State. Great value pick to fill a top need.

77. Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State.

I'm going to trade the 108 pick with Chicago for their 4th (126th) and 5th (157th)

126. John Moffitt, G, Wisconsin.

139. Nate Irving, ILB, NC State.

140. Evan Royster, RB, Penn State. His stock plummeted this year, but I think he is the best all around back in the draft.

157. Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU.

170. Will Hill, S, Florida.

201. Charles Clay, FB, Tulsa. Good H-Back, TE depth.

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I like what you've done here, my only change would be a DE with one of the round 4 picks....Greg Romeus would fit nice there. With Washburn leaving, I dont see Babin returning, and Ball didn't need to be re-signed anyways. I would probably swap him out with Irving as I agree with you about Royster being underrated. 2 other RBs I like late are Dion Lewis and Vai Taua....They can likely be had in round 6 or 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar