Draft Hopes

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theShoemaker, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Not seeing why you are so harsh on Schwenke. Everyone on the OL got worse, not better. Are you calling Lewan a bust as a first round pick because he's not playing like a 1st round player? No. Are you suggesting we dump Warmack too?

If you're gonna judge Schwenke that harshly, why not everyone on the OL who all got beat, have poor technique - hands and feet, and are somehow confused on who to block vs standard fronts and DL play. By that measure, you should be suggesting none of our OL can play in the NFL (as you're suggesting with Schwenke). And yet, you focus only on him.

Worse C in the league by a mile? Crap when healthy? I'd disagree that Schwenke has no potential to play in the league or can't be a viable starter...considering how the entire OL played the last 2 seasons. Can I bank on him to be a good starter? No. But I can say the same about every OL player we have. NONE of them played at an acceptable level the last 2 years.

Frankly, we need to see if Grimm can coach these guys up and if Robiskie and Mularkey can put them in positions to succeed (like moving Poutasi to OG). Clearly, we had coaching problems from the unit to the scheme to the playcalling the last 2 seasons. I don't love any of the coaches, but we have to have SOME hope they can get more from what we have or this will be a 5 year rebuild at minimum.

So let's see what we have before we toss the entire OL out on the street.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Really? Who's our starting NT? Who's our backup NT? Who's our starting ILB next to Williamson? Who's our starting FS? And that's not even touching CB.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I haven't watched Iloka play too much in the NFL, but his stats are below avg for a S in general and his tackle #'s are very low for a box S especially. Not really seeing why you'd want him over Berry, Weddle, Nelson, etc. except that he's available, young, and big.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So why don't we just spend the $12mil/yr and get a proven excellent LT so we can spend our #1 on a player/position we can't get in free agency?

How about...

Glenn - Osemele - Schwenke - Warmack - Lewan

or

Okung - Osemele - Schwanke - Warmack - Lewan

or

Lewan - Osemele - Mack - Warmack - Mitchell

?

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Ramsey or bust for the first round.

This team needs an elite player in the secondary badly.

Then pray a player like Josh Docston falls in the 2nd round.

Then I'd hope one of the 2 Razorbacks is there with my third. Alex Collins at RB or since the staff already said they plan on doing a lot of 2 TE sets, Hunter Henry if he is available.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like Hunter Henry, too. I know that Walker is a beast and the team has eleventy TE's, but Henry can be a threat immediately and grow into the Walker role as he ages. I love Collins, too.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Doctson will be there in the second. If he is there, or Henry is there...you take them...no questions asked

8. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

He's 26... Weddle is 31 and on the downside. Berry will get franchised and Nelson is over 30 and has seen his best days pass. Iloka is a good fit for this scheme not to mention how he will help against the run. He also has better communication skills than Griffin did his entire career here. He is a football player, his surrounding cast was also MUCH better in Cincy since you're talking stats. Better LB, DL, CB so I would expect this.
    Tashaun Gipson (sp) could also be a possibility but I prefer Iloka and his size. It's an opinion.

9. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Have you watched Tyler Boyd? Scooby Wright? Shaq Lawson? Just saying plenty of options in the second. I've seen Dotson play, and anyone watching TCU over the last few years knows that offense is extremely WR friendly. I'm not saying he can't play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Hey I agree with you...I am all about Scooby or Shaq. I think Shaq will be gone and that Scooby is more realistic. I personally think we need to beef up the defense first and foremost. That said, if they don't get WR help, they have to draft one....Wright needs to be in the slot and DGB needs someone next to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar