Draft pick...Washington post

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Barnybyrd, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

he isn't

he's a great athlete who misses tons of opportunities...

2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

BOSA makes the most sense. His specialty is TFL and 'disruption of O production'
    I don't think it takes a scientist to understand higher TFL % usually means a good rush defense.

Some stats of our Rush Defense after Wk 17:

Yds/GTDLng1st1st%20+

112.3 11 32 101 21.9 10

And we're 6th worst in the League when it comes to Rush Attempts & Attempts/PG

Pass Defense Stats?

We're 7th in Passing Yards allowed, 7th in YPG.... but 3rd worst in Opp. 1st down percentage, and T-3rd worst for Opp. TD passes?

(now granted some could be results of TOs)

That shows you the root of the problem is the RUSH DEFENSE. (34 TD passes, and yet we're 7th best in pass yards allowed?) with the ability of opponent Rushing games to bleed our defensive front & scheme down the field, opening up an unexpected play be it standard pass or PA

Joey Bosa can be that add of disruption to Offensive Lines and Running Games (also freeing Rak, Casey, Morgan = better run defense.)

3. JCBRAVE

Id like to say that if the new coach takes us back to a 4-3 then Id pull the trigger on Bosa, but TBH the more I watch the less I like the idea of Bosa to the Titans.

I see a ton of over pursuing, missed tackles and offsides from the kid... We dont need any of that here..

4. JCBRAVE

Again for you OSU Bosa fans, please show me that Im wrong about the guy. I would love to be able to like whats being called the drafts best player...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

My only apprehension with Bosa is where does he play? I'm not spending the #1 pick on a guy who's going to come off the bench.

Had we not given Morgan and Orakpo a combined $60 million 9 months ago I wouldn't have an issue with, but those guys are locked in long-term.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Wow.... Morgan is overpaid.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Broken Arrow

Could you please write a blog (or post with examples) so I can get a full feel for what vibes you're picking up when watching completes?

And BTW, I know we differ on Bosa.. But this is just healthy debate... In no way is it the neck grasping fights we saw last year around draft time lol... JS

8. JCBRAVE

Theres this game for starters

9. Broken Arrow

I really don't see your arguments holding water aside from the fact that he jumped offsides 2x and one tackle he tried to make he assumed it was made and the rb wiggled out... Oh and him slipping one time containing the option.

I saw several double teams. I saw the opp run game going opposite of BOSA most of the time. I saw Joey Bosa making plays on his tackle, forcing the QB to switch the field/pocket.

10. JCBRAVE

You know, Im rewatchnig these games of Bosa now that we're on the subject, and while Im still very unimpressed, I do notice a constant thing, his footwork is sh*t.

He has the size speed and power to be great, but he always seems to be out of place in 2015. Perhaps good NFL coaching fixes that and makes him the player he's hyped up to be.

But going off last season, he is not the No.1 player at all..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar