Draft picks by team

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Big TT, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

http://www.gbnreport.com/picksbyteam.html

We have our 7 picks. Now check out the raiders, no picks until the 5th round and then only one more in the 6th. Now check out NE, 3 1's, 3 2's, and 2 3's and a total of 9 picks with one more in the 4th. They will move around a lot I suspect and become even more loaded while the raiders fall further. Whether you like the pats or not, got to respect the way they do business.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

NE only has 2, depending on what the outcome of todays game is, they pick 31 or 32.

3. Big TT

Two ones, two 2's I read it wrong, but still rich get richer.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The chart is implying that 31/32 is one or the other. Giants or Pats will pick either 31 or 32.

haha got me at the edit. I can see how it is confusing, especially since its so early.

But your point still stands, two firsts and two second round picks are nothing to scoff at.

5. Big TT

Didn't read the raiders wrong, two picks total. Hard to build like that. Oh, well. Ol' weird al is gone now, maybe they can start over.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The Patriots always have multiple picks in the early rounds because they always trade those picks for picks the next year. The strategy hasn't really worked in recent years, as they haven't found all that many impact players in the draft. Obviously there have been a few exceptions, including those awesome tight ends, but that team has way more undrafted players than any other NFL team and they have also had some bad busts drafted by the Patriots in the last 5 years. Considering all the high picks they have had, that team should be loaded with way more talent.

I know it's fun to complain about the rich getting richer, but I don't think the Patriots have managed their drafts all that well in recent years and a lot of people agree with that position.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The team I respect most when it comes draft day is the Packers. New England does build their team via the draft, but they always sign a handful of free agents that don't always pan out. Sure there's the Rodney Harrison's they help revive the careers of, but then there's the Ochostincos and Haynesworths they don't do anything with. Pittsburgh also does a nice job drafting guys and replacing guys thru the draft.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I would high-five this post twice if I could. You hit the nail right on the head. I've been wondering year after year, if this would be the draft where the Pats would finally trade their multipie picks to move up and draft some impact players. This philosophy works OK with #12 behind center, but I'd love to see how marginal this team would be w/o Brady and using their approach to the draft. Gronk fell due to injuries so they got a little lucky with that pick. However as good as Gronk is, I'd love to see the numbers he'd put up with Gabbert throwing him the ball, lol.

9. Big TT

You realize you guys are dogging out a team that has won 3 SB's and made, counting today, 5 appearances in the last 10 years.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea whatever they are doing is working.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar