draft prediction for 1st round and 2nd round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by whitevick331, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

first round i think the titans will get lienart or young, who ever doesnt get drafted but i think lienart is #1 on the draft board for us. 2nd round im thinking middle linebacker, probably jackson from maryland, if he drops that far...

2. Nine

Nine Starter

I had originally thought that myself, but others have brought up a good point about the MLB: whenever they use a nickel defense, the MLB is replaced by another DB, which means that the MLB is only the field for maybe half of the defensive snaps.

I think it's much more likely that they'll grab someone who can be an every-down player...probably O-line or cornerback. (At this point, with Pacman's history and recent legal questions, I'm guessing the Titans are probably thinking corner. If Pacman suddenly becomes..."unavailable", then they'd be screwed. And as everyone knows, there's no such thing as having too many good corners.)

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This thread should be moved.

I said a while ago, and I'm coming back to it, a player like Jason Allen would be the pick in the 2nd. I can see Cromartie and Youboty, and possibly Richard Marshall as possibilities there as well. Allen, though, because he plays the run extremely well

I would also say OT is possible, but I don't see Eric Winston or Marcus McNeill making it all the way to us in the second.

If we go MLB at #2, we will probably stay in base defense more often.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Kassell's lack of coverage skills were the reason the MLB went out in the nickel. We're gonna keep our two best cover linebackers in there. That would be Bulluck and Jackson (maybe not to start with, but at some point this season)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar