Draft Question: Why is the Combine in Indy?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GoTitans3801, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Location is the main reason. It is centrally located for the entire nation and it has enough hotel rooms for players and staff and it has very close medical facilites that also have state of the art equipment and MRI's that can handle 600lb patients. Moreover, it is a large facility that can accomadate the size of the needs and be totally indoors...............there is an NFL contract with the RCA dome

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Code Blue!

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Thanks bongo...

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

ding, ding, ding!!!

no!!!!!!

I have a better answer! plus+ I think it's right!

I can't believe no one mentioned that Indianapolis is

where The NCAA "national office" is located-- Approximately 350 paid professionals that implement the rules and programs established by the membership. The national office staff is located primarily at the headquarters office in Indianapolis, Indiana.

ncaa.org

5. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Its because if the combine wasnt so close the colts would get lost when the coaches and their scouts came :ha:

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

the combine used to be made up by teams who ran their own private workouts........it become a logistic nightmare and expensive.........so Gil brandt came up with the idea to have the players all come to the teams one time and all the teams would share the costs.........Brandt had a ton of input on where it was to be held..........but Indy was selected because it was centrally located and had everything that they needed space wise..........

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

so Bongo, you're saying that it has nothing to do with the NCAA being located there? I'm thinking if I write that down for Final Jeopardy Alex is going to make me a very happy man... that is if I wager enough.

8. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

That is unless your name is Jap Anus!:ha:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I've never put anyone on ignore until now. :thumb:

you are special alright.

10. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

it has nothing to do with the ncaa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar