Rumor Draft Rumors Ramping Up

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm hearing Eagles trade Bradford to the Browns for their 12 and 19 overall selection.

Then Titans trade #2 for Eagles #12, #19, #20, and #52 overall selections.

:trophy:

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's a deal worth doing

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I like both Hundley and Petty, but IMHO, after watching all 3 play...not just regurgitating what NFL pundits keep saying...it's a pretty big gamble, just like it was a gamble last year (passing on Bridgewater...long considered the best and most Pro Ready) to pass on a marquee QB in Rd 1....and wait until the draft is practically over, to select a QB....and expect him to succeed an always injured Jake Locker.

They need to swing for the fences here, and take Mariota. I've watched this guy play several games and always came away impressed. Never was impressed with Mettenberger in college.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I also believe all the NFL pundits, that have us picking Williams forget that we are loaded on the DL, and that we drafted DaQuan Jones LAST year, to go opposite of Casey. Remember, Casey didn't really break out until his 3rd yr in the league. I expect Jones to have a monster year in LeBeau's defense.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

That ain't gonna happen. No way does Cleveland give up 2 first rd picks for Bradford, who has been as injury prone as Locker. Maybe for one of their two picks...not both. Then, they could parlay the 2 1st Rd picks to make the move to No.2. I doubt it, though. Kelly seems set on keeping Braford. Especially after giving up a 4th Rd pick in that exchange

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I don't think we have worry about switching schemes. I'm sure Whiz can run some designed QB draws and counters, but Mariota has the skills to be a solid pocket passer, who is elusive and able to extend plays.

That is what frustrates me about Luck, everytime we play the Colts. Even when pressure is bearing down on him, he often squirms out of the pocket and makes a play with his feet or buys more time to get the ball downfield. When I watch Mariota play (full games, not highlights), I see a guy who IS looking downfield to pass, when he has to scramble.

Mariota is going to give the Colts defense FITS, if we select him.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

To be fair.. this was vs Michigan. But he is a good player none the less

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You bring up some valid points, his elusiveness turns our crappy OLine into something half functional. With him our offense may be able to sustain drives for a change, but Ive always known that be the case with Mariota. Its not Maritoa that Im worried about being bad, its us being stupid about how we use him. Mariotta will be a good QB anywhere he goes IMO, but Whisenhunts stubbornness not to adapt to the players is a bad combo.

Major question seems to be is Whisenhunt going to implement anything Mariota does well into "his system". Seems like he'd be a retard not to right?

9. Rudad

Rudad Starter

You would think if whiz says he would be starter from day one he would have to change some things.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Big Ben frustrates a lot of teams by eluding pressure when pocket collapses, so I can't believe Whisenhunt would discourage that, but I am sure he will keep designed runs to a bar minimum, if ever. I personally see Mariota as Russell Wilson 2.0. Will it take some time to adjust...sure, but it'll be worth it.

As for the O-Line....we invested heavily in it, and the only spot we need to address is RT + another late draft pick for depth and development

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar