Rumor Draft Rumors Ramping Up

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I see where you are coming from, but I really think that Whis went into last year with the mentality of being rigid to see who fit his system and who didn't. Why waste time trying to fit square pegs into round holes when we likely weren't going to be good anyway, and it would hinder your proper evaluation of which players fit your scheme. It also hinders the implementation of your scheme going into the next year.

Also, I think Whis probably had his mind made up about Locker before the season even started. I don't think he wanted to waste his time with Locker. He knew that if he played to Locker's strengths, he would probably look good enough to stay the starter, but not good enough to take us where we needed to be.

If we do take Mariota, then Whis would be very dumb not to adapt somewhat to his game.

2. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Whisenhunt wasn't saying Mariota specifically was a day one starter. Just that it's typical to do so when a team takes a QB that early. I think a lot of that is just to get butts in the stands for teams drafting that early. They suck, so they need to generate some excitement in the fanbase. Plus, they probably are ready to start a new era and just see if the QB can handle it.

I'd venture to guess that Whisenhunt would simplify the offense a good deal and spoon feed him for the first few games, so to speak. Lot of quick and short throws, screens and leaning on the running game a lot.

#102 TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm assuming you just made up this rumor? No way in hell would any team trade TWO first rounders for a QB who is the definition of injury prone. Not to mention when Bradford IS healthy (which is never) he's not even a top-10 QB, imo.

However, I could see CLE offering #19 for Bradford. Eagles then do something like #2 for #19, #20, #52, 3rd, and '16 1st. I would prefer #12 (could have a chance at Devante Parker, Danny Shelton, etc), but Bradford isn't even worth #19 let alone #12.

That would leave us with the following picks in the Top-100: 19, 20, 33, 52, 66, 84, & 100. For a roster that's lacking talent, sure would be nice to add 7 top-100 draft picks.

4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Agreed. Last year was awful but it looked like we trying to be awful. Not changing what we needed to change and keep doing same thing over and over.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Sleeper team to trade with is the Rams. They have a nice young roster already and could afford to give up multiple picks for a QB. Get something like their 1st (10), 2nd, 4th, '16 1st, & '17 1st. At 10 we'd have a shot still at Amari Cooper, Kevin White, or Danny Shelton.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats my feelings on the team as well. Whiz came in to a crappy roster with no sure answer at QB. He had an often hurt Jake Locker he tried protecting by bending into a pocket passer, but thats not Jakes game. He doesn't see certain angles and cant make the throw inside the pocket, his game didn't match what Whiz prefers.

But isn't Whiz a bold face liar for saying he liked what the 2013 Jake Locker looked like when they played San Diego? In that specific game he often references, Locker danced all over the place as he usually does and won the game. For Whiz to say he walked away impressed with Locker that day, but then come into 2014 and change his style, WTF? Did Whiz have it out for Jake from Go?

I guess Im basically saying we can't trust Whiz one bit for anything he says.

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Maybe Whiz was impressed with that game, but none of the others.

Every QB will likely have at least a few impressive games. Doesnt mean that their style is a good fit for winning in the NFL. Especially when you keep making the same mistakes week in and week out.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Almost all coaches from the college level to the pro's are bold liars.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I agree they could be a sleeper team for a trade but I think they know better than anyone (except Washington), how valuable those top draft picks are because of what they got for the RGIII trade. Three, 1st round picks is the same thing they got from WASH and I just don't see them giving that up. Maybe take out the 2017 1st and add a player or something and that might be more realistic.

10. Rudad

Rudad Starter

What was he going to say about his QB? He not going to talk bad or say bad things about him. Locker was who he was dealt. He gave him the chance to play . It didn't work out. He gave whitehurst the chance , it didn't work out either. That's why Mett was given the starts. You okay the cards you are dealt. Now with draft coming up, he can pick his cards. So to speak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar