Draft The Next Cortland Finnegan.... Draft The Honey Badger

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

EDIT -- I already know I misspelled Badger in the subject. It was a typo.

I would say as high as second round. We all know this team needs more attitude on defense and Honey Badger would bring it. Some will say he is too small. However I have a list here of small NFL players past and present, most of whom would be worth a first round:

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/sp...size-matters-less-than-talent-in-the-nfl.html

It is a year old so the draft names are out-dated. The title says it all though: Size Matters Less Than Talent. If being small automatically disqualifies you from being good in the NFL then how do can you explain the players on this list. And I am not advocating a team full of smurfs. Just one.

While he will not get any taller he can get in the weight room and put on some bulk. Besides, 5'9 is still within the normal range for an NFL DB. What you cannot teach or train is the heart and attitude Honey Badger has. And it is what we need:

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

What round is he projected to go?

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Did you also know you misspelled Cortland? LOL

But seriously, I think he has got talent, and could be a good player despite his size, however I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get drafted.

He has got too many off the field issues. He was kicked off the LSU football team for drugs, and was arrested for drugs after he got out of rehab. I would consider him as a UDFA, but thats about it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

It is not my day is it lol

I still find it ridiculous that someone would be sent to rehab for marijuana

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. The Hammer

Hard to say at this point. It could be anywhere from second to undrafted free agent. Teams will want to investigate his off the field issues. We will not have any real idea until after the combine. If he shows up out of shape like Maurice Clarett he will not go high. If he is arrested again he may not even be drafted.

Still, players with issues have been drafted before. Clarett had worse off field issues and was out of shape and the Broncos still took him in the third. Andre Smith had off field issues, was out of shape at the combine then left the combine early.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like him as a CB but he'll fail another drug test at some point. Is he worth drafting to only have for 14 or so games? If he stays healthy maybe a 5th at the earliest could be spared for him...? IDK

7. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Nab him with the Finnegan comp. pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'd really like to see us take him at some point. Greg Williams would love a turn over machine like him plus he could make Reynaud expendable who really only has ST value.

9. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

If he's still available in the 6 or 7th round then yes I say the titans should give him a look..definitely not worth a 2nd - 5th round pick.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would take him in the 4th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar