Draft thoughts..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by thnom, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I don't think Matt Leinart is the solution. Alex Smith proved last year wins meaning nothing from college->NFL. Cutler could be the next Kyle Boller and Vince Young could be the next Vick (ugh).

However, Laurence Maroney idolised Eddie George growing up and of the clips they showed had a similar style. We lack a bigger bruiser (Henry doesn't do it) but we need a QB. I think Young or Cutler at QB could be the ultimate solution.

A thought: A lot of people have the Saints wanting Mario Williams either trading down or taking at #2. Now, people like Leinart so if Leinart falls to us at 3, I think a trade would be best. The guy on NFL said he thinks Leinart is like Chris Simms (arm strength- 3rd round) and sees him as SECOND round talent, not #1, #2 or #3. Had this guy gone to another school and played the same without getting his just rewards (like Cutler IMO) I think we'd be seeing that happen. Alex Smith lost twice in his college career (if I'm not mistaken), but was in a word, diabolical.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Alex Smith played in a gimmick offense, not a pro-set system that would enhance or give him experience, therefor taking him was taking a risk on a project(Vince Young). Leinart has experience playing in a NFL caliber offense and it is fairly easy to guage how he would react to certain situations because we've already seen him put in those.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Alex Smith started what, 2 games, maybe. And it was the 49ers... THE 49ers! We beat them last year, come on. Most QBs would look bad on that team. I don't think he can be judged yet, though I do agree with the point that college wins don't necessarily translate into NFL wins. I do think Lienart is much better than second round talent though.

4. i think it is the talent around leinhart that made him seem so good, he could just throw a ball up and his receivers would be able to get it because they were so damn good

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Alex Smith played 9 games with 7 starts. I would expect more than ONE TD. He had Brandon Lloyd, a talented WR, thats one weapon at least. The weapons aren't there, but Smith was utter bollocks.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'll admit, I had NO idea he played that many games. I thought he struggled for one or two. Still, I place little judgment on a rookie QB playing for the niners. Lloyd is a weapon, but it's easy to shut down one weapon...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Brandon Lloyd is not a weapon, he is inconsistent, he can take one handed highlight reel grabs and drop absolute sitters. (aussie word for easy catch).

Alex Smith was also 20 years old and injured. Eli Manning sucked in his first season as well.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You mean to say that has actually changed??:lol:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well he is a Manning....

10. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

What do you mean? Like his big sister...i mean brother, He is also trying to be team player here...he just has some protection problems..:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar