Draft Trades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by oilerstruck, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

You guys hearing any draft trade down rumor for us out there? I would be surprised for to trade down out of #5 and still end up with 2 1st round picks and add a 2nd round.

2. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

It's been reported that Jrob is open to it. Hard to hear any specific rumors since we have the 5th pick and teams want to see who gets taken before they trade up. A trade will only happen on draft day.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Only thing I've heard is ridiculously unrealistic scenarios. I've quit searching because I'm convinced writers simply publish scenarios to please fans of big market teams.

I think it's a real possibility we trade #5 for Browns #12 and get our original 2nd back along with swapping a third

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I think if we trade out of the # 5, it's got to be down to pick 8-12 and most include a 2nd round. Anything else would be just to balance the trade value. If so many good CBs in this year's draft, and based on what we did in FA, trading down makes sense.

5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Yeah, #5 to #12 makes sense for a few reasons:
    -The Browns could want to jump up and target whatever QB they like most before the Chargers, Jets, or Cards have a chance at them
    -The Titans and Browns FO's have trade history from last year
    -Browns have more picks than they really need - draft picks don't win games, players do. They need to target guys they like, which means they should be open to moving up a decent amount in this draft.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

2 trades that I have seen and like are with Cle and NO

We send #5 and our 5th rounder to Cle to get their QB
    We get #12 and #33.

We send #5 to NO to get Adams or Lattimore
    We get #11 and #43.

I would take either of them, but think I would prefer the Cle trade. Move up 10 spots in the 2nd for only a 5th? I'll do it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I just don't see Cleveland giving up that 33rd. I wouldn't. I think it is more likely they offer back our previous #83 along with swapping 3rd rounds putting us atop round 3. That would give us TWO picks in the top 5 of round 3 and a 2nd. Along with round one #12, #18.

JRob would have a ton of ammo to work that #83 further up into the 2nd round if there was a solid draftee available.

I'd consider that a success.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Where did we get the 2nd?

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

You have things a little confused....I think you meant that the Browns would trade us back our original 2nd rnd pick which was #52 and then switch places in the 3rd which would be swapping #83 for #65. The Rams pick that we get is #100 not their early 3rd rnder.

This trade would leave us #12, #18, #52, #65 and #100.

This trade would be close to trade value worthy...470 points totals when moving from #12 to #5 is worth 500 points. I'm more than happy to take less value to move out of the 5 spot and get a 2nd rnder.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

There won't be any "real" rumors because no trade will happen until we are on the clock.
    Every team interested in trading will only do so if "their guy" is still there. Especially QB needy teams that want to hop the Jets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar