Drafting Center early is safe bet...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

We need to upgrade the O-Line and building through the draft with younger players is a good idea. Only concern would be if both Tunsil and Martin take off and both end up in the same contract year.

2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

A year after we'd have to pay Marcus.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Sign Louis Vasquez! Good fit for Mularkey's offense with Murray at RB.

4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Ben Jones is my guy.

Ryan Kelly is really good but if we go Tunsil/Kelly fans will riot lol. I'd be OK with it but it is kinda boring. Pretty sure we're targeting a skill position at 33 anyways.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No way in hell we go Tunsil and then Kelly. I know we have a horrible OL but that would be ridiculous. I would be totally okay with either making a big splash at RT or drafting Tunsil and moving Lewan over. Then provide healthy competition at LG and C without breaking the bank or spending too many high draft picks.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea linemen back to back is crazy, espcially when this FA and draft class has nearly no skill players worthwhile later. Anyone worthwhile will go early. Draft is deep with decent linemen

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Young54

Young54 Starter

How is Mack as a leader? If he can bring a fraction of the leadership and coaching that we got from Kevin Mawae then I wouldn't mind overpaying for him. We could be paying more more than just performance.

8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Now you got "your guy." :) Solid move, IMHO. Make Schwenke the backup, then get Gallick to bulk up as much as possible to see if he can be a backup at RG

• Troll Troll x 1
  9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

What do you all think about drafting a center with one of our 2nds or 3rds and moving Jones to guard? From my understanding he has more experience at guard with the Texans and was rated higher as a guard. This way we could stop chasing Louis Vasquez and improve the line with either Ryan Kelly or Nick Martin.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I hate the idea of a rookie center

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar