Drafting Technique...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I consider Gage dependable........never thought I would say that.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Gage is more than dependable. He's proven himself. To be perfectly honest, I think he's WAY better than anyone gives him credit for, and his chemistry with Vince is really good.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we can add a Sweed or someone like that and Hackett or Bryant Johnson. That looks pretty good. R. Williams, Johnson, Gage, Sweed, P. Williams, Ealy, Davis.

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

no doubt about it, we took a low risk with gage, gave him a shot to prove himself, and wat did he do but prove. Roydell Williams had an excellent year and i think he will step up into a big role this year. As far as Brandon Jones goes, our season woulda been way different had he caught that pass verse the Colts first time around. But i think you are all under rating Jones. I happen to think that jones has alot of potential and is way way way better then Davis. Davis to me is just Special Teams. Ealy will get his shot, so with Paul Williams. Mike Williams was a bust, though we never knew wat to expect so i think its safe to say by to him. Bring in one more WR wether it is draft or FA and let all 7 battle it out for starting roles, just like spring training in baseball, make them earn it.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I disagree with Brandon Jones. I once believed that he had "potential" but all i've seen are injuries and dropped balls...but I do agree with you that we let all of our WR just battle it out for a starting spot. Light fire under them.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's pretty much how I look at it.

WR1) Gage
    WR2) Roydell
    WR3) B.Jones
    WR4) Paul Williams

Cut: Chris Davis, Mike Williams, Ealy, (whoever else the hell we have)

Sooooooooooooo, let's add two WRs, only let's add one through FA and one through the draft.

WR1) Bryant Johnson
    WR2) Draft Pick
    WR3) Gage
    WR4) Roydell
    WR5) B.Jones
    WR6) Paul Williams

Wouldn't that look a lot better going into next season (mix up the order some if it makes you feel better)?

(Of course, by doing this, we are ruining Roydell's chance to become something. Which is why we should trade him now, along with Pacman, and a draft pick, to move UP in the draft so we can land higher rated talent. Besides, if Roydell has a good year, he will just want a lot of $$$ and we won't re-sign him anyway. Wait, what?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar