Dragon Age: Origins

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Blazing Arrow, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why (not)?
    Mass Effect and Oblivion both looked great

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I have had a seen a few glitches in lines that were not major and the game froze up on me the other night ... kind of lame because I was about to beat a group that I have been struggling against.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But compared to games that are a much smaller scale (Adventure, FPS etc) there is a significant difference.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Just started. I'm a mage.

The good...I actually like the story. I like the idea that my decisions make a difference, though at times they are regrettable choices. The battles have been hard. But a few tries is ok with me. As long as one can figure it out that is cool... Decent looking chicks. Humor seems to be spot on and can be amusing.

The bad... Graphics are noticeably dated. And there is no freedom of movement. However, I've actually enjoyed the game quite a bit. The learning curve is huge. A tutorial of some sort within the game play would have helped. The "A" button does not need to be highlighted for me. They could have gone with somethin less obvious like a halo or something. You ought to be able to walk from one place to the next. Not just teleport. The Fade was horrible, but I've only been in it once.

Overall. Good game for me. Obvious flaws, but very playable. It's like they started the game ten years ago and just now finished. I think the next go around will be a terrific game. They were trying to do the right thing and had some good ideas, but it looks like the technology was not available yet.

5. aburrow

aburrow Camp Fodder

Started this christmas day and so far its really good. Chose to be an english noble. Story so far has been good and you can make alot of choices. I'm currently level 9 and just went to the circle of mages to save an arls son. The battles are hard in this on hard difficulty and you should save often.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bought this the other day but have yet to pop it in as I am still on Demon Souls'.

7. Thesaurus

Thesaurus Starter

Played this game through once, didn't really like it at all. Combat is pretty clunky and boring and it isn't very expansive at all which was one of their major advertising points. Mass Effect blew this out of the water.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

On the battle system: What I'd like to see these games get beyond is having to pause, dial up a strategy, and then repeat. When I'm in my dial I feel like I've escaped the war, can catch my breadth, and plan. I think that could be done better. I want to feel some fear. Somehow they need to find a balance so that the battle is seamless, yet challenging. Not sure how they do that. But that is where they need to go next in my opinion. I need to feel like I'm in the middle of it and yet have lots of options at my disposal. And I would say that they are getting closer with their latest games. Overall I enjoyed the magic fights, but definately some improvements could be made. I was running at my enemies at times, and my area spells did not hit often enough to keep me happy. But I thought these were some of the best magic battles I've had in a long time.

On the Leveling up: I Thought this was the fun part. Buying stuff, spending money, picking your traits. I felt as though I really had to make choices. It was a fun process for me. And I noted differences as I leveled up. You could really sense some improvement. I'd like to see some of your purchases really dissapoint though, and I think that would add an extra element of variability. Or maybe there should be some weapon suprises you didn't see coming. That would be fun.

On the the whole rpg concept: I think it's a good one, but getting tired of saving the world. I'd like to have another reason to play and so I'd like to see some rewards come out of my specific playstyle. I think they need to develop a concept that makes each player unique through your lifetime of play. So in the next game you have unique items based on how you like to play. If your a dragon killer maybe you have a dragon scar, or some dragon weapons that only you have. Some scars, and some unique character development not just during the game, but long afterward would make it feel like I played for a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar