Drayton Florence gets a look from the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

The post-June 1 mini-free agency surge has begun. Sort of.

Free-agent cornerback Drayton Florence worked out for the Titans on Tuesday, per a league source. Florence appeared in 14 regular-season games with five starts for Carolina in 2013, his first season with the team.

Since entering the league in 2003, Florence also has played for the Chargers, Jaguars, Bills, and Lions.

Because June 1 has come and gone, the signing of Florence won’t count toward the formula for determining compensatory draft picks.

The Titans lost cornerback Alterraun Verner to the Bucs in free agency, but they did not replace him with a comparable veteran. At this point of the offseason, Florence could be the best they can do.

[​IMG]

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Titans love those former Buffalo Bills!

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I like a vet presence in the mix here even if he doesn't make the final 53.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

As I said before the draft, I expected us to pick up a vet CB. I don't like our depth at that position right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

He must be good he's played for 5 teams! :D

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Hot headed and makes a lot of bone headed plays. At least he was like that in San Diego.

He's just good enough to make it in the league, but was never that player that will get a long term contract.

At this point in his career, he's just depth and we badly need veteran depth at CB.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Says a lot about what the staff thinks about the CB depth, and rightfully so

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Too bad they didnt make a real attempt at vern ho hum. Spilled milk. I feel so good with all this cap space

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

As far as I can remember they nailed his market value. Verner just didn't want to be here because the previous staff tried like hell to bench him in favor of Campbell.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Not a ton of guys on the market. At this point you hope that any vet that you bring in actually gets beat out in camp by your younger guys.

CB is the one position that we have the least amount of depth. If McCourty goes down for any length of time then we have Wilson and Sensabaugh on the outside with maybe Huff playing NB. That is pretty scary to think about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar