Dream Team Draft: Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by citizenthom, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

To be honest, I've got no interest in drafting for another team. If you have a list of players you can give the guys who have stopped showing up, I say go ahead and auto-fill their teams.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I propose the Commish list the picks in order that you want them made (and what team they are for) and assign currently active GM's to make the picks. The Commish can overide any pick if he thinks there is a legit reason to do so but I think everyone will do a good job.

I propose we do NOT wait 24 hours after the draft to go to a supplemental draft. Why wait? If one of the paused GM's shows up and makes his inactive picks, he makes them (beating everyone else to the podium).

I do NOT think we should do this while the coaches draft is going on. There is enough confusion going on.

I think it is unfair to pick a coach for an inactive team and allow that GM to resurface, throw that coach away (meaning none of the active GM's can take him) and let him take another coach. I think for consistency sake, we make a draft order and stick to it with perhaps 6 hour clocks until 10pm (12 hour clock) to 10am then back to 6 hour clocks. Should go much faster even if we have to wait teams out. To make it go faster, at the start of the Coaches draft, we do a roll call. The GM lists the draft order and we all have 12 hours to reply. Any GM not replying is on hold from the beginning of the coaches draft and is skipped (though they will still be in the draft order and be able to jump in and beat someone to the podium).

How are we doing the order to make this fair? I believe we should be able to take any type of coach in any of the 3 rounds. Just as no one had to pick a QB in round 1, take the best coach you want.

Gut

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Conversely we could just assign a few active GM's to inactive teams and let them draft until the draft is complete. If you want to do this, I'll volunteer to make Finnbosh's picks. Just make a list of the picks in order that need to be made as in...if Finnbosh gets 8 or 9 picks in a row, just let me know and I'll make the picks by tomorrow morning.

Thoughts?

Gut

4. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

So we're 1-1 on what to do with the last stages of the draft. I'll give others a while to weigh in.

Gut: the 24-hour wait is partly for the GMs and partly because my dad is in hospital and I need to sort some things out before we get down to business.

5. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Me personally I don't care either way. I am down for either way so count me as either unless there is a tie. Then I will make a pick.

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

What happened??

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

People are having a difficult month.

We will resume soon. I will see if we can put out the picks Citizen and I made for the other teams so everyone can at least see the completed teams so we can talk about them.

Gut

8. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Oh ok. I was just curious. No worries

9. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Que paso?

10. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Still same. My dad had heart trouble earlier this month and had stints put in; as such I've had to take the lead on a few court cases we had together (we're both attorneys). Things have just gone haywire.

Sorry all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar