Dreamin of Boldin??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay just because you felt the need to dip into my business let me remind you a starter is a number 1 player. I know WR's come in pairs in terms of starters, but that's only if your running two guys, and not two TE's or three RB's (as some will do). Our team comes out many times where you have only 1 WR. When I say starter I mean your best guy at the position. So with that said, you believe Gage would be ahead of Tory Holt, Ted Ginn Jr., Jerricho Cotchery, Donnie Avery (who experts say will have a breakout season), Darrius Heyward-Bey (Al Davis loves speed), Michael Clayton, and Calvin Johnson? No, he doesn't start over any of them. Now if you meant he could line up with those guys then yes, but not take their starting jobs. You got me with the Chiefs. I am sorry I forgot about the most irrelevant team in football. At least the Lions have a shot at improving, the Chiefs are done before it even began.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I guess you forgot about us convincingly kicking Indy and Pitt's bottoms last season with a technically 'worse' offense than we are going to have this year. :rolleyes:
    Besides, it's the defense that is going to allow or prevent us from contending with the aforementioned teams.

Why does any team want a pro bowler just looking for a payday? Those kinds of players do not have the team's best interest in mind, just their own.

3. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

Mike clayton is nothing compared to gage. Jerricho??......sit yourself down bashing someone on our team. "speed kills" Bey hasnt caught a pass in a real game yet......f'in joke get ya mind right homie

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd agree that he wouldn't be a #1 on many teams, but that wasn't what I was arguing. You said he wouldn't start, and almost all NFL teams start two WRs.

Even accepting your definition, I'd say he would start over Clayton and Heyward Bey, and would have the possibility to start over Crotchery and Avery (fantasy predictions don't mean anything), and possibly even Holt at this point in his career.

By your definition, I didn't get you on the Chiefs. I'm happy to admit that Bowe is better than Gage.

5. JCBRAVE

Your telling me that you think the Raiders would start Gage over DHB? Yea right. I'm not saying Gage isn't good or that DHB is better, but that a:grrr::grrr: backwards franchise wouldn't start Gage over DHB. Even after Bey dropped pass after pass, the Raiders would still put him ahead of Gage. Get your mind right homie.

6. tdo_52

tdo_52 Camp Fodder

I just wish we would shut up about getting Boldin!

I mean we've talked about this for what 2 seasons now? and our FO never really makes big moves, so I doubt we'll see this happens unless Gage or Britt get hurts!

7. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

The talk around draft time was that it would have taken roughly 1st and 2nd
    round picks to pry Boldin away, so, who would make this trade:

Kenny Britt/ Small salary and Jarid Cook/small salary

for

Anquan Boldin/unhappy player unless contract renegotiated

I don't like trading for veterans.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

There's NFW I would trade Britt and Cook for Boldin. NFW.
    I think Britt can (and will) turn out to be as good as Boldin, and Cook, well he's just a freak of nature. I would be just as reluctant to trade Antonio Gates if he were on our team as I would Cook. Eff that.

9. JCBRAVE

^Yea I'm all for keeping Britt as our 3rd, then 2nd, and now hopefully soon to be 1st receiver. Forget about getting Boldin. Britt looks every bit as good if not better than Boldin 5 weeks into his career. Gage can take a backseat to Britt by week 5, and Washington can do whatever the hell he's suppose to do.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gage is a vet who has produced and been an NFL starter. Bey has done nothing, and missed a bunch of camp. He may not even start week 1 for the Raiders without them having Gage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar