drive d error

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Fry, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so i was putting some music on to my laptop and all of a sudden i hear this clicking sound coming from my drive instead of hearing the disc spin(you know the sound)

i go to "my computer" and go to open the d drive and an error message comes up, "D:\ is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

i don't know what that means, but it sounds bad and expensive to fix.....

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Is the D: drive your CD drive or is it a partition of your hard drive?

3. Fry

CD drive

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Probably just need to pop in a new CD drive.. $100 maybe...

5. Fry

POS. i hardly ever use the damn cd drive...

6. Yeah, probably just a mechanical failure in the drive. They aren't that expensive if you can replace it yourself.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'm not very confident this will be helpful, but the first couple of suggestions are at least worth trying.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891894

You might also try buying a cleaner disc at Wal Mart or an office supply store and running it through. Again, probably not gonna fix the problem, but it's a cheap thing to try and might do the trick.

Starkiller and CC are probably right. Most likely you need a new drive, but they are relatively cheap and pretty easy to install if you aren't intimidated by computer guts. :))

8. Fry

so it started working again yesterday......

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

If you've had it for a while, it might just have dust collected. Usually a bad drive won't start working again, but a dirty one will. If that's the case, pick up an air duster and spray inside to clean it out.

10. Fry

stopped working again....

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar