Drunken teens kill 7 year old with Mortal Kombat moves

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Broken Record, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

What a disgusting story.

link

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Terrible tragedy. So many stupid people in the world.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

horrible, absolutely horrible

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I didnt see anything about mortal combat moves, just that they were playing the game before. Which seems pretty irrelevant and is just another 'blame a video game' spin.
    Some people though. Ridiculous how someone can do that to a kid.

5. Broken Record

I've never played Mortal Kombat and I definitely agree that it's just an extra angle to the story. There were a lot of articles out there and this one downplayed it more than others. Most of them mentioned the game in the headlines.

This article does say that the older girl had the younger one pinned down and was thumping her chest like typing on a typewriter. Is that from the game?

6. Broken Record

In this article, the two older kids say they were acting out moves from the game. So while I'm generally pretty quick to blame the press, looks like the game angle is justified.

Trujillo said they were acting out the video game "Mortal Combat" by savagely hitting and kicking Zoe, even dropping her on her side, which broke her wrist. Roberts, who claimed to be a martial-arts expert with his hands registered as "lethal weapons, said Zoe had asked him to stop hitting her but that he didn't because "...I was drunk."

Pathetic.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It's not a games fault those people are f'd up. They should end up f'd up and dead.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That kid looks 30.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Yeah he looks old enough to get his *** whooped....ridiculas. I hope he meets some NEAT people in prison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar