DT Casey motivated heading into offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans defensive tackle Jurrell Casey had a break-out season in 2013, but he still didn’t get the attention he believes he deserves.

Despite posting 10.5 sacks, Casey wasn’t named to the Pro Bowl. He got the necessary votes from fans, but players and coaches overlooked him in the process.

It will serve as a source of motivation moving forward, he said.

“I have to prove myself around the league. Obviously I don’t think I have the respect I think I deserve, so I have to go out there and earn it,’’ he said. “I have to go 10 times harder next year.’’

Cornerback Alterraun Verner was the team’s lone Pro Bowler during a year when Casey racked up 90 tackles and was regularly disruptive at the line of scrimmage.

Heading into the 2013 season, he had just 5.5 career sacks – 2.5 in 2011, and three in 2012.

“I turned my game up a whole lot this season,’’ he said. “Next year I have to step it up and make bigger plays and that is what I plan on doing.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Love Casey's attitude. He walks as good as he talks, so keep the commentary coming Jurrell!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If only the rest of the team had the same motivation that Casey does.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Contract year.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So what youre saying is he'll be on another team in 2015?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It wouldn't shock me. I'd prefer he stay, but we never re-sign defensive linemen.

I also have zero confidence in this organization to make the right decision at this moment.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

90 tackles and 10.5 sacks from the DT spot? Insanely good! Love this guy!

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Funny thing is- a knock on Casey coming into the draft was his work ethic.

Loved him in college and said he was the steal of our draft. Feel pretty good about that.

10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Keep it up Casey! Possibly the worst pro bowl snub out there. If we had 53 players with the motivation of Casey wed be in a good spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar