DT Johnson Making Return Thursday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans DT Antonio Johnson has been cleared to be part of Thursday's OTA after rehabbing a torn ACL in his left knee. "Everything is going fine," Johnson said. "For OTAs I’m cleared to do everything and I will be doing everything. I’ll be running with the first group, that’s what my coach told me, and we’ll see how that works out. … It’s very exciting." A fifth-round pick out of Mississippi State last year, Johnson has dropped down from 335 to 320 without any loss of power according to team trainers. "You don’t want to get too high on anybody, but it’s exciting to watch Mookie (Johnson's nickname)," DL coach Jim Washburn said. "He’s a big, powerful man. He’s like Robaire Smith when he was new. Remember how it wasn’t really anything to do with the weight room? He was just strong."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm optimistic about what this guy can do. The Titans may have some solid depth at DT this season.

3. He's big and athletic. Hopefully he'll prove to be a good backup for Albert.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

DT Antonio Johnson

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I know, I just didn't think the guy was going to make the team due to his injury...didn't he sit out his rookie year?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He did. But he's back and appears to be in much better shape.

I'm concerned for Jacob Ford who depends on speed. He doesn't seem to be close either physically or mentally.

7. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Wow it sound like this dude can be a monster and he still young too!! Will have to see i guess.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

We'll see what this guy can do, I hope he's a beast

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Tearing an ACL is never a good thing but if you are going to tear one tear one early in camp so you can be ready to come back 100% the next year. We nead this guy to step into the role Starks played as a rotational DT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar