DT Smith released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

No huge surprise with this cut. He was brought in to take up space on the dline but just couldnt get it done with production. I fill good with the way Marks is playing this preseason along with Casey Klug Martin and others. Young blood getting it done.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

We'll see about that... nobody on that Defensive line has proven that they are anything yet. But there's nowhere to go but up from the piss-poor effort from the DL last year.

Smith was a total waste. Good for nothing.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Best of luck to Shaun. He never really fit our scheme, was just a bid dude. It seems his heart is still in KC, and I bet he'll be going back.

So who makes DT roster now? Casey, Marks, Klug, Martin? Does Clayton steal a spot as well?

Also, we have to be down to 53 by the 31st... get ready for some major cuts. Thursdays game will be huge for the guys on the edge.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Pretty disappointed in his stint here, thought he was gonna be better. A KC fan told me we got a steal when we signed him lol

Him & Marks have been opposite. I thought Marks was likely to get cut (when camp started) and and would be with the 3rd team -- Marks stepped it up and Smith didn't.

Saw this coming a mile away. Casey, Marks, Klug & Martin are the obvious 4 guys at DT. Maybe Clayton can make it as a 5th.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh wow like nobody saw this one coming. Shaun Smith was just plain bad, he was slow and offered NOTHING but a loud mouth. I wont miss him.

I see flashes of greatness in the D-Line, but just for a moment here and there. It's been hard to gauge the starting D-Line this preseason, they only go for ~10-12 plays together. The one thing I'm noticing a lot of is our DE's are getting most of the attention, both Wimbley and Morgan are double teamed nearly every play. Casey, Martin, Klug, and Marks should be doing better. I'm gonna have my eyes on those guys tomorrow. They need to turn it up.

6. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

does it bother anyone else that we have so much money left unspent this season (i'm sure Peyton chase has something to do with it)? Is there some FA that we don't know about?

7. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

We knew Smith was going to be a goner, if only his actions was as big as his mouth we would have had a monster...:nudgewink:

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm not too surprised that Smith has been cut but I am still worried about our DTs. Casey and Klug look legit but Martin, Marks and Clayton are still very unproven. I really would have liked to see us do more to upgrade here. We need a beast in the middle and I'm not sure that we have that as of right now. Hopefully these guys can produce because we're gonna need solid DT play to help out the rest of the D.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Probably gearing up for some resignings.... cook is a fa after this season and Britt for the next.... there are also some other players that we would want to resign...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

10. pettso

pettso Starter

It does, we could have easily had either Finnegan or Mario Williams on the roster. Munchak and them didn't seem to think Finnegan was worth the $10MM/year so that didn't get done out of principal. Mario Williams I really do believe we were ready to sign and would have competed with Buffalo had Bud not offered Peyton $25MM/year.

Sucks for this year, but it definitely gives us the freedom to resign our core players next year.

If we re-structure someone's deal mid-season for a more front-loaded deal, is there any way we can take the cap hit this year instead of next year? I'm not too familiar with all the cap rules and regulations. McCourty will need to be paid next year and I'm sure there are others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar