Dungy's 18 year old son found dead in Tampa

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by danny, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I hate to sound trite, but Dungy is likely just around the corner from reaching the pinnacle of his professional career and then a horrible tragedy like this occurs.

I have a son of my own who was close to death at one time and I have at least thought about what it would feel like to lose a child. It's something that overshadows every other aspect of your life.

I know it is terrible to think of a family tragedy like this in football (or any profession's) terms, but what should have been the best times of Dungy's life, a time of triumph and ultimate achievement, has been stripped.

Whether he wins the Superbowl, or another game this season for that matter can't be near as big a deal for him as it was yesterday.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Nothing trite about your post. It is indeed tragic, this bitter irony, when probably this is the pinnacle of your professional career, and something like this happens. Not to mention that it happened to one of the classiest guys in the NFL today. A death of a child like this is always tragic, but just the circumstances is what really gets to me. RIP.

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

had a couple of friends chose to end their lives too... tragic man... tragic.
    dungy... your in all our prayers man

5. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

Some nice words here, guys. Thanks. It is a very difficult time for the Colts family. Reading kind thoughts from fans around the league has made it a bit easier to get through.

Happy Holidays to the folks I've gotten to know in Titan country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar