Dwyane Wade's new jersey

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

he always wanted to be a ref:ha:

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

:biglaugh: good one danny!

but seriously, him going to the foul line 20-25 times a game is ridiculous. I saw it in the finals last year when not a lot of people realized it, he was getting to the free throw line for no reason what so ever, he'd just drive the lane, flop & get the whistle blown. Even some of the players around the league are starting to gripe about the refs giving him so many free throws. :suspect:

4. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

Jordan rules have been replaced with Wade rules.

I would not expect any actions or changes from the refs. We all lived with it for years with Chicago.

I'm not complaining as I love Wade and the Heat.

Later

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't know what you're talking about :duckrun:

I like Wade, I can't stand the rest of the team though.
    Posey is dirty
    Williams thinks he is black
    Walker just jacks up shots from where ever and misses.
    etc etc.

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

How can you possibly say that when Dwade is not even close to Jordan's level yet? Hell, he's not even the best player in the league right now. I give that honor to Dirk, Kobe or Nash. Just cause the refs blow the whistle every time a player lays a pinky on him doesn't make him some superstar. Maybe im still just mad @ the fact we lost to Miami last year in the finals, but him going to the line 15-20+ times on a consistant basis is an absolute joke.

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Hate to break it you bro, but the Jordan Rules had nothing to do with how the refs treated him. The Jordan Rules were the defensive strategy that the Detroit Pistons used when they played the Chicago Bulls. They were, basically, "knock him down when he gets in the paint". DWade couldn't have survived that kind of treatment.

8. Blitzburgh55

Blitzburgh55 Guest

Thats a good one :p

9. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

http://www.nba.com/history/players/jordan_stats.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dwyane_wade/career_stats.html

Wades FT attempts are a lot like Jordan's early on. They are actually almost identical.

Over Jordan's career (excluding playoffs), he went made an average of 6.83 free throws a game. He attempted an average of 8.18 times a game.

Wade over a much shorter period of time gets an average of 7.18 free throws a game and an attempt average of 9.2 times a game.

Comparing only Jordan's first 4 years to Wade's, Jordan made 8.67 free throws a game and attempted 10.23 free throws a game.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/allen_iverson/career_stats.html

Iverson has them both beat. He averages 7.2 for his career and 9.2 attempts. No one is crying about his trips to the line.

Jordan one time had 23 attempts in a half in Miami which he made 20 of.

http://www.nba.com/jordan/list_honors.html

There are a lot of similarities between Jordan and Wade's games.

It does not matter if anyone thinks that Wade is the best player in the league or not, but there is no denying the fact that he is the best 4th quarter player in the league and will take over games when he needs to. He is the most clutch player to come into the league since Jordan, but he has a long way to go. If Dwayne's keeps extending his range and starts to attempt and hit more threes, he will be unstoppable like MJ was. It took a while for that to develop in Michael's game too.

Wade is unflappable much like Jordan was.

I agree that there are many great players in the league, but none are as clutch as Wade imo.

Don't get me wrong, Dirk is an amazing player and I am not hating on him, but Dirk let the moment get into his head during the finals last year.

Wade is on the floor more than any other player in the league right now. He goes to the basket as hard, if not harder than anyone else in the league. He may have a short career because of it.

Later

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

"Wade is on the floor more than any other player in the league right now."

because he flops for no reason much like ginoboli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar