dyson signs with jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why would we have wanted him back?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Five-year, $11.5 million deal (including $3 million in signing and roster bonuses) is a pretty good deal.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Not a bad deal at all for a guy with his experiance

5. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Jets, CB Dyson agree to five-year, $11.5 million deal

The New York Jets beat out two of Andre Dyson's former teams -- the Tennessee Titans and the Seattle Seahawks -- and reached an agreement with the cornerbackl on a five-year, $11.5 million deal, including $3 million in signing and roster bonuses. ...more

[​IMG]

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I don't blame him for moving on. It's clear we're looking to continue upgrading our secondary. He did lead the team in INTs his last two years here. This confirms that a Jason Allen or other DB signing in the 2nd wouldn't surprise me, especially if we have an extra pick.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Wow! That seems really cheap. I remember Dyson as a pretty decent #2 CB, am I nuts?

8. smili

smili Starter

That's a great deal for the Jets. I wonder how close to signing him we were.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Looking at other deals, Will Allen signed a four year deal for $12 mil. He has 295 career tackles with eight INTs. Dyson has 243 career tackles with 17 INTs though was hurt a lot last season.

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

If Dyson could stay healthy then I would be disappointed that the Titans lost out, but man that guy can't seem to stay on the field for any length of time.

Good luck in NY Dyse, you're going to need it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar