Eagle Eye Report

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitansfan1, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitansfan1

TNTitansfan1 Camp Fodder

I just wanted to give a thought to the truth and rumors from a Bird's Eye view dealing with our Tennessee Titans.

QB-The signing of Chris Simms recently just brings insurance for our future. By signing him and letting him get acclomatted to our system, will assure us a backup for the future. He will not compete for Young's spot and I do see Kerry staying with us for this year. There has been talk of the Titans drafting a QB. Levi Brown from Troy, Jarrett Brown from WVU are just two that have been rumored the Titans have taken a look at. Look for VY to have a coming out year and where you will see a more leadership role taken.

RB- Even though CJ is working out in FL, don't think for a second he isn't working hard. Snubbed from the MVP voting last year, he plans to come into camp making his case as well as proving the Titans should go ahead and invest in him for the future. Lendale White on the other hand may or may not remain a Titan. I could see him going to Seattle, KC, Denver, or maybe even the Chargers or Raiders. The titans will probably draft a back and dip into the mid level free agency market.

WR- We all know we need help here. Even though Britt did make strides last year and Gage and Washington help their own, We still don't have a guy who is deemed as a threat or deserves respect. The titans need a slot guy. Someone shifty and who could stretch the field. Reports out of Miami state that Ted Ginn Jr. is available. Is he worth of a 5th round pick? I can see the Titans drafting a receiver in the later rounds.

TE- With Scaife coming back and our remaining core we should be solid even though we lost Crumpler.

O-Line- Bring Mawae back!!! He is a great locker room guy, he can teach the younger players, plus he provides quality insurance if someone goes down. I also can see the Titans drafting an O lineman.

The titans have many holes to fill on both sides of the ball. What they need are guys who are ready to step in and play. Each year in the past we have had decent contributors. But none of these guys have given us the extra edge we need to get to the playoffs and beyond the first round.

Stay tuned for my takes on the defensive side of the ball.

2. amy

amy Starter

Kenny Britt was a rookie last year. I don't think he was used enough to know what he can do.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'll be the grammar nazi this week.
    It's "corps"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar