Eagles fire Jim Washburn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ryno, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

the only reason why gray is still around is because there's no replacement for him.... well... here he is now!! GET HIM!!!
  2. World Peace

World Peace n/a

Not sure if Wash wants a HC position but I could see the FO making the call.
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Washburn is no HC, he wont want the job I'm telling you guys. Don't even bother trying to think he does. He likes being a DL coach.
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm not so sure that the game hasn't passed him by. The style he teaches has been pretty exposed in recent years. He's a great motivator and I'm sure he's a good guy, but I don't know if a return to Nashville is a good idea.

Gotta move forward, not backward.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

In Washburns defense, he left, no one fired him. He knew the team was going to be torn apart, and he left on his terms.

I'm not so sure I want him back either, but he's better than Rocker.
  6. Smash

Smash Soccer God

Is he that amazing? - It might just be me, but I never thought he was as good has his reputation.
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Personally, I'm ready to start moving FORWARD with this team/staff. No more "Titan/Oiler guys". No more retreads. That said, we do suck SO bad that I suppose it would be dumb not to at least give him a call.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

His thing was he spoke the players language, guys could relate to him and that would get good results. IDK what Rocker is out there doing, but since he joined the team, we've had no pass rush.
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Jim Washburn has been the Titans best positional coach in the last 15 years, bar none. This guy is the definition of a Coach. He gets guys to produce and outperform given their talent and draft level. This guy made the Titans DLine very good many many times when we all knew they were garbage.

Just imagine what he could do to the development and talent that is Casey,Klug, Mike Martin, Wimbley and a healthy Derrick Morgan. Not to mention Marks who seems to be playing his best ball. Plus, we're bound to be drafting in the top 5 and going after a difference maker at DLine, do we want Rocker with that responsibility, or someone that even got Fat Al to work for a few years?

Just sayin'
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

That's good because Ray Horton is our new HC.