Breaking News Eagles Land Chip Kelly

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 16, 2013.

1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd pay him $2mil a year tops... and he isn't going to take that deal.

He'll go to a team much more desperate like the Jets or Cardinals... how funny would it be if he ended up in Arizona with Kolb again.

Actually, that team was 4-1 with Kolb starting this year and 1-10 without him. They need to upgrade the line big time and keep Kolb healthy... still not a franchise QB. But neither is Vick.
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Yeah I was just talking about that in another thread. Cardinals D is very good, consdering that they're on the field 99% of the time with that O. That line is the worst in the NFL. Add in some new OL, keep Kolb healthy, that team can be a 9-7 team. Not great, but not bad either... especially in the NFC-W, which is all a sudden reallly good.
  3. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

That was my first thought. Sanctions might be coming.
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

I don't think Chip is going to run the same offense in the NFL.

The guy is pretty smart. I wouldn't just assume he doesn't have a way to implement his current O with more NFL-type schemes.
  5. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Special Teams Standout

Yea, well the Titans landed Mike Munchack, Dowell Loggains, Jerry Gray AND Bruce Matthews! Suck on that Philly!!
    • High Five High Five x 3
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

e
    exactly. Vick knows his value, he'll restructure with Philly IMO. No way Kelly lets him leave unless he has his eye on another fast QB who can run his offense.
  7. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

Vick fits Kellys offensive system better than what else they got. So he will take a substanstional pay-cut and stay in the new system while Kelly hand picks his new QB to groom behind Vick. Well at least thats my assumption.
  8. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

Kelly needs a qb to run his system in Philly?

Holla at your boy

uploadfromtaptalk1358400131219.jpg
  9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Vick will definitely be cut. Philly need to get out of that contract and Vick will probably want to test his value on the free agent market before re-structuring.

If Kelly does take his offense to Philly with him, then Foles is about as bad a fit as possible. He doesn't need a running QB, but he certainly needs a passer that can pick up some yards on the ground. Foles has Bledsoe-like speed.

I think the surprise pick-up for the Eagles could be Gabbert. Jacksonville are going to go in a different direction at QB and Gabbert would actually fit wel in that offense.
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Do I blame the coaches???? Hell no!!!!! Do I blame the owners????? Well, if they want to flush all that money down the toilet I guess that is their problem lol