Eagles Swap w/ Browns For Pick #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by VondyP, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

I think we didn't because I did the math according to the draft charts and we didn't get as many points. Other sites say that we did better than the Browns because they get their second rounder in 2018 and we get ours this year. I also think we didn't because the Eagles first rounder this year and next year will be way better than the Rams first rounder this year and next year.

2. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Nah, I'm not arguing I just think dang, if I was in the Titans place and was offered both of those deals I would really think about the Eagles trade and probably take that one over the Rams...

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

you dont know the draft slots in the future to apply the draft chart, thats not a great way to judge these trades

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Eagles weren't offering that to us. We set the market for the Browns when we took what did from the Eagles. So in that regard, the Browns were wise to wait to see if we actually were able to move the pick and then use our deal as the standard.

I'm sure that if the Eagles had not tested the market with us and ponied up what they offered to the Browns- we'd have made the deal with them instead of the Rams.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

That's the only way to judge future draft picks. A 2017 1st rounder is equivalent to the teams 2016 spot in the draft. Nothing can be assumed in terms of future draft picks, otherwise the Browns 2017 first rounder is equal to the Patriots 2017 first rounder.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I wouldn't take the Browns' deal over ours any day.

Hugh Jackson and Sashi Brown might not even be there in 2018 to use that second round pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

Based on what?

The Eagles were initially picking at #13 this year before trading with the Dolphins. The Rams were selecting at #15.

Both teams have difficult circumstances ahead. The Rams are moving to a new city, have meeting rooms and offices in trailers, could start a rookie QB from day 1,and play in a division with two legitimate Super Bowl teams along with the Chargers, who aren't all that bad.

The Eagles have a new head coach, but play in a winnable division, and plan on starting a veteran QB in Bradford.

I don't see anything that would lead me to believe the Eagles' pick will be way higher than the Rams'.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

I forgot the Eagles moved up from 13 to 8. That puts the Browns at 3325 points instead of 3575 and since the Titans got 3370, Titans are technically better on the scale.

9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

You could really believe that any division is a winnable division. Rams have just as much of a chance to win the NFC West as the Eagles do to win the NFC East. Rams also could start Foles or Case Keenum just as the Eagles could start Bradford or Daniels.
    Eagles don't have a better chance of winning the division and both Eagles and Rams could start a veteran QB this year.

10. Fry

You could, but looking at both divisions right now, is there a clear distinction in expectations for the teams in both divisions? Yes, there is. Seattle and Arizona are expected to challenge for a Super Bowl and the winner of the NFC East is going to try to break eight wins.

You could make the argument that New England isn't expected to win the AFC East. It would be a stupid argument, but it could be made.

The Rams might start Keenum. They did tender him at the first round value, so it's plausible. Foles is done there. He's getting traded if an injury happens in training camp or cut.

I would venture a guess and say that a team moving to a new city is going to show off their shiny new toy that they just mortgaged their future for.

Like I said, I don't see anything that would lead me to believe that either pick will be "way higher" than the other's. They're about even. Neither team is downright awful.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar