Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Earl Thomas with our #1 pick!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,073
    Earl Thomas has incredible ball skills and the speed and quickness to play the CB position and might be better suited as a CB than a safety. Many sites are now rating him as a CB prospect including NFLdraftscout.

A similar prospect athletically in a lot of ways to Michael Griffen this is a kid we can place at CB and keep him there. A larger CB who can tackle and cover.

He might be a better prospect ultimately than Haden.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WK_tq6nqCPU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WK_tq6nqCPU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  2. LANGSTER Starter

Moolah:
    $3,726
    He is a safety and we tried the converion with griffin. Only safety that I see that can play corner is berry!
  3. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Brown
    Moolah:
    $13,733
    The good news about Thomas is that if he can't play CB then we can move him back to S and he can replace Hope in a couple years.
    1 people high five this.
  4. luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I wouldn't be cursing if we drafted him. (too loudly)
  5. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,350
    If we draft anything other than DL or OLB with our first pick, we've failed.
  6. luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Which OLB do you see worthy of being selected 16th overall? For that matter; do you think Graham is worth the 16th pick? I'm with you, just saying we have a pretty good draft slot; and I'd hate to see us reach if we can trade down. It seems we draft DL every year in the top 3 rounds; we need them to step up instead of adding more fish to the pond with the 16th pick. JMO
    1 people high five this.
  7. Pjames32 Rookie

McCarthy
    Moolah:
    $151
    ^^Weatherspoon is worthy of the 16th pick imo. I'm not saying I want us to take him but I think he is good enough to be picked in that area of the draft.
  8. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,350
    McClain would be the obvious choice. He's ILB, but played OLB too- either way, with adjustments he'd work.

And I'd take Brandon Graham at 16. But he's really the only guy I'm crazy for in round 1 that we'd need anyway. We could always trade down further, too.
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,415
    I tend to agree with you, but as we all know the Titans almost always go "best player available." And if Thomas dropped he would almost for sure be the BPA. I think it's Mike Mayock who has Thomas rated ahead of Berry on his board.

If we do draft Thomas, here's my question to you all: Who would play CB? Could Fuller, Griffin, or Hope play CB or would you rather try to convert Thomas?
  10. luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I don't see McClain being around when we're on the clock and even if; there are the adjustments but I'd snap him up.
    I like Graham but it seems there are alot more impact players at different positions that we'll be privvy to at that stage in the draft. If we can trade down to the 22-25 range and swap 3rds for a 2nd and pick him up; that would be awesome.
    Or we could go
    Spiller/Mays/Bryant in the 1st
    Navaro Bowman in 3rd
    BPA at DE in 3rd compensatory
    Javier Arenas 4th
    Mike Williams if not Bryant 5th
    More DL/Secondary depth with later rounds
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.