Earl Thomas with our #1 pick!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's a nickel-back at best. He's actually too small and not physical enough to play safety- plus he takes bad angles, so it'd be recipe for disaster. He doesn't have the footwork to play either side of corner on any WR that's a legit threat.

I don't get it. He can't cover, and never was trusted to do so in college. Yet you guys think he's going to line up against Andre Johnson twice a year? lmao

... you thought he raped Nick Harper? This would be worse.

It tells me only one thing- the ESPN hype machine is the strongest brainwashing force of all time. No way anyone that watched more than 3 Texas games this past season thinks this kid is worth a 1st round pick.

2. Deuce Wayne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRrjr5HG_ck

This was overdue...

Play 1 - This is the typical Earl Thomas tackle. You see this tackle mostly in high school, or from Deion Sanders when he played in the NFL. You dive as low as possible, hoping to TRIP the ball-carrier, basically just to avoid getting stood up or ran through.
    It's a trip. And he's very bad at this. Michael Griffin tries to tackle the same way, and it usually gets him hurt. Note: It was a Tight End that he stopped in the backfield.

Play 2 (00:12) - Completely beat. With a decent throw, this is an easy 6 for the receiver, but since it was underthrown and Thomas was following- he was able to get a hand on it. Note: Every QB in the NFL would have gotten a TD out of that play.

Play 3 (00:36) - A good job at playing linebacker. Note: Once again this was a Tight End. He doesn't make a great play on a WR in this entire video.

Play 4 (00:45) - Finally, he tries to make a play in the backfield on a WR... and the WR runs away from him, even though Thomas had the angle, and had read the play- the WR had time to stop. Catch. And leave Thomas in the dust... leaving him whiffing on a tackle in desperation. Note: Justin Blackmon was the WR. He's was an average freshman.

Play 5 (00:55) - WOW. What the ffff was that? Embarrassing. Note: Terrible.

Play 6 (1:00) - Terrible throw. Thomas did nothing but make the catch... Note: Accidents happen.

Play 7 (1:34) - Not a bad play. Took some punishment while meeting a guy on the sidelines.

Play 8 (1:43) - Took him about 4 seconds to get off the block. Another trip for a tackle.

Play 9 (2:04) - Playing safety like he should. Did what any draft prospect safety can.

Play 10 (2:33) - Big run, and he comes in to the picture to stop the play from going the distance.

Play 11 (2:59) - Whiff. Once again, scared to hit someone so he tries to arm tackle a runningback while the guy just shakes him off. Note: In the NFL, his tackling style is going to be a liability- if that's not evident enough yet.

Play 12 (3:10) - Again, trying to arm tackle but this time the RB has slowed enough to where it works as he pulls him down. Was almost broken.

Play 13 (3:21) - How long did it take him to realize Ingram had the ball? He was still heading toward the left when Ingram hit the LOS and bolted past him for the TD. Note: He didn't show that "speed" he has here. Nor the instincts.

Play 14 ( 3:33) - AGAIN with the trip tackles, where he just throws his body to the ground turning his back hoping the runner trips over him. He doesn't want to HIT anyone, he relies on their inability to take advantage of his terrible technique. Note: Tackling with your back is never a good thing.

Play 15 (4:00) - Came on a blitz.

Play 16 (4:26) - WHIFF...again. This one, again just embarrassing for any first round prospect. Since he tries to push people or trip them, he was hoping the RB would just duck out of bounds...so while PRETENDING that he was going to hit him, he whiffs and takes himself out of bounds. Note: Again bad technique.

And where the hell does anyone see great speed on this entire video? For a safety, maybe. But notice he's not covering a single WR other than coming over late for help. His best "cover" plays were in the backfield vs tight ends and as nickel-back where the ball was thrown directly to him.

3. Deuce Wayne

And someone PLEASE tell me what Earl Thomas does that Morgan Burnett can't...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQf7WNWk7aQ

Without injuries, he's easily the 2nd best safety *for the past 2 seasons* behind Berry, and was just as good as Berry 2 years ago.

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Deuce, Earl Thomas is in your head.

You have been proven wrong by everyone in this forum, no one thinks you know what your talking about and you still insist on proving them right.

Give it up already, we get it, you don't like him, big deal, he is still going to be the 1st or 2nd DB taken in this draft, he was a 1st Team AA and the runner up for the Thorpe award.

You could post your BS for another 20 pages we will still be laughing at you.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Deuce has been mentally deranged since the App State win and the subsequent slide of Michigan from a top tier football school to a mediocre irrelevant pimple on the national scene. My God they got beat by Illinois last year 38-13. How the heck can 110,000 fans keep showing up for that kind of crap. They went from having a rivalry with Ohio State to being Ohio State's warm up to the post season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

Duece your crazy man. IDK why you hate on ET. you make me laugh when i read your BS wanna be Llyod Carr

7. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

Thanks for posting this. Not only does HAden look flat, soft, lazy, lost, scared. but Kareem Jackson #3 from bama is a top corner prospect. watch this hightlight again look for him.

He tackels well very, tough hard nosed ,FOOTBALL PLAYER. only problem is hes gonna slide to the second rnd. But agian scouts are high on this guy

8. Deuce Wayne

I've been proven wrong? Every year people hate and disagree with my draft analysis... and every year they shut up about the ones they tried arguing before.

I rarely miss on calling busts. Especially when I'm this hard at it.

Weren't you one of the VY defendants that disappeared after I was right? Now you're back because he is playing mediocre rather than outright terrible?

Before Mike Mayock said something- NONE of these guys here arguing even knew who Earl Thomas was.

He's the flavor of the month. Nothing more.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Calling out a bust isn't hard to do.

10. Deuce Wayne

... as I'm doing now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar