Early Look Ahead to 2017 Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Bit bored at work, so I am looking forward to this offseason. We have plenty of money and not many of our own free agents to re-sign. I personally think that we most pressing needs are CB, ILB, WR and maybe DE. Could add S and G to the list, but not nearly as pressing.

I would only re-sign the following:
    Kendall Wright
    Anthony Fasano
    Karl Klug
    Brian Schwenke
    Byron Bell
    Matt Cassel

FA with PT that I would let walk:
    Chance Warmack
    Sean Spence
    Rashad Johnson
    Antwon Blake
    Marc Mariani
    Daimon Stafford

Kendall Wright gives us a solid slot guy, but I would not over pay for him. Matthews, Sharp or McBride could all play there. Fasano has been a solid blocker and wouldn't take a lot to re-sign. The coach and JRob love Klug, he isn't going anywhere. Schwenke played well in place of Spain and is a solid backup to G and C. Same with Bell. Cassel is a good back up.

I am more than fine going into next year with a o-line of Lewan, Spain, Jones, Kline, Conklin with Bell, Schwenke and Kelley as the back ups.

As far as FA goes, we have a decent amount of money. I do not see us spending all of it again because Lewan and Mariota will need extensions in the few years. But, we have to upgrade the secondary obviously. I see us signing at least 1 corner and drafting someone one in the secondary as well. Below are some of the best FA that I see in positions of need and someone the Titans could sign.

WR: Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson and Marquise Goodwin.
    - I would rather draft a WR then sign one above. Floyd will cost a bit and the others are just fast. Really bad WR crop

DE: Calais Campbell (Dream), Dion Jordan or Glenn Dorsey.
    - Right now, our D-line is Casey, Wood, Jones, Blackson, Johnson, Klug. It could use a better 3-4 end to pair with Casey I think, but no changes are needed per se.

ILB: Lawerence Timmons, Paul Worrilow, Sean Witherspoon, Kevin Minter, Malcolm Smith
    -This is a spot that no enough people talk about. Woodyard has gone MIA and we still cant find a LB that can cover a TE. It needs to be fixed asap

CB: Trumaine Johnson, Stephon Gilmore, Captain Munnerlyn, Dre Kirkpatrick, AJ Bouye, and Mo Claiborne
    - This is a spot that I rather fix in FA then the draft. Its a $ position, but I also want someone who I know their body of work. I don't want to risk a first rounder on a C when they are very hit or miss.

If I had my choice, I would sign Stephon Gilmore, Kevin Minter and Dion Jordan (Flyer and hoping LeBeau can fix that mess. Athletic freak)

I would draft:
    1. Jebrill Peppers - Take Stafford FA spot and cover TE + KR and PR. Dynamic Player
    1. Mike Williams - Deep threat and possible #1. Matthew and Sharp would be great #2 and 3 with Wright in the slot
    3. slot CB - I never want to see McCain, Cox or Blake on the field for us again
    3. OLB - Can never have enough with us currently only have 3 solid players if Dodd picks it up

BPA after that

Some say we need a TE and I somewhat agree. I would like to see Amaro get some PT. I think he could be our eventual replacement to Walker. I like Fasano and Supernaw in their current role. We will find out this off-season what they think of Amaro.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

A few things:

1. We HAVE to get a CB with one of those first round picks. S should be decent enough with Searcy and Byard
    2. CB is WAY more important than WR, as we have seen with Cox, McCain and Blake and the only young CB we have under contract is Sims
    3. Our WRs are not that bad, our CBs are, need a CB first round plus a starter in FA
    4. Cannot emphasis enough how important CB is
    5. Stafford might be worth keeping on a cheap deal as he can play ST
    6. Do not like resigning Bell unless it is really cheap
    7. Stephon Gilmore sucks this year but has been good the previous four years. I would be down for signing him if it is a Michael Oher type deal where we can get out of it easily after a year
    8. Our DL is pretty decent and we already have a second rounder (Johnson) who does not play. Resigning Klug is enough, there are bigger fish to fry here

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Mike Mularkey isn't the right guy to lead this team. Until that changes we're going to struggle in the worst division in football.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Boring Boring x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And I was big fan of Jabrill Peppers before the season, but has he ever made a play in coverage? 0 career INTs and 11 PBUs.

Adoree Jackson.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I wouldn't waste a pick on Peppers unless it was late 2nd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

CB is the biggest need for sure. A number 1 and number 2 CB honestly.

WR is needed to complete this offense.

ILB and S are the next set of needs.

Patch those and throw some love to Guard and D line if you can and I'm happy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Something is clearly wrong. One of the MM's is not getting it done.

8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

WR is the last thing we need, and we have more guards than we know what to do with. We need one playmaker on the D line though.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

My draft would go:

1 -- CB (Adoree Jackson looks good)
    1 -- ILB (I like Anthony Walker) or WR (John Ross)

3s -- WR (if one not taken in the first) S (Fish Smithson maybe) CB, OL

4th or 5th -- look to fill depth holes with BPA

7th -- what difference does it make?

Need to come away with two CBs, one in the first and one in 3-5. Also need some OL and WR depth. S would be nice as it seems deep this year. And a good ILB who can cover well would be a bonus.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Just drafting a CB because we suck at is isn't ideal. Big fan of just BPA see what talent falls to us on draft day. We will definitely target a CB or two in FA though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar